How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Poll

Should the forum default be to send notifications to anyone who participates in a topic?

Yes
7 (70%)
No
2 (20%)
Not having an email list is a deal breaker,  I think I am going to be more interested in an airplane design that will stick with the goons at Yahoo...
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: December 14, 2013, 04:36:12 PM

Author Topic: Default forum notification setting  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Dan_

Default forum notification setting
« on: December 09, 2013, 04:36:12 PM »
Friends,
The Forum can be set to send an email notification when a topic to which you have either started or replied has activity.  It would be prudent to add a statement in the membership agreement, but otherwise a very easy change to make.  

The poll is set for 5 days, unless and until I hear different...:)

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

Offline Justin

Re: Default forum notification setting
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 08:15:37 AM »
I would like to subscribe to a particular interesting topic. I like to give positive comments that may have no technical value. I really enjoy this site. Thank you for allowing me to voice my opinion on this matter!

Offline Dan_

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 10:10:17 AM »
Friends, The Forum can be set to send an email notification when a topic to which you have either started or replied has activity.

As a registered member, you can always click the "notify" button inside all the categories and boards, to get an email notification of activity.  The setting the poll refers to only applies to a topic you participate in.

Offline Dan_

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »
Well, with only 10 votes it is hardly a mandate.  It does indicate a trend toward the default setting to be to receive notifications if you participate in a topic. 

So that is the setting.  If you do not prefer this you will have to make the change to turn it off in your personal settings.  See this topic for instructions

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal