How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: XL Motor Mount bolts length and torque..  (Read 4650 times)

Offline Bob Wood

• XL completed 2015
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle XL
XL Motor Mount bolts length and torque..
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:21:03 AM »
For the top motor mount bolts, how do you know when they are torqued tight enough? Sort of scratching my head on bolt length and how tight to torque against the rubber mounts..

Same on bottom I guess, just need to be sure bolts do not bottom out in case.....

Is it a real low torque...like 8- 10???

Thanks,
Bob

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
Re: XL Motor Mount bolts length and torque..
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »
Bob:

I watch the rubber bushing and compress them 1/8"... Then I grab the prop extension and rack the engine around to see that I get the same movement on all 4 bolts...

Joe Engelman makes special purpose stainless bottom bolts - the shop drawings for them are in his File folder over on the Yahoo group... I buy the grade 5 metric bolt from Napa...

Steve

Offline Bob Wood

• XL completed 2015
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle XL
Re: XL Motor Mount bolts length and torque..
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 02:28:10 PM »
Great, thanks Steve. Will check out Joe's bolts.

Bob

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal