How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Pictures of removable doors on slug  (Read 2935 times)

Offline s johnson

• Beta testers
  • Scott - aka Slug Musher
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
  • Eagle Type: Standard L/E
Pictures of removable doors on slug
« on: December 13, 2015, 06:50:03 PM »
These are some of the build pictures of the doors. Again not very nice but it works. The lexan is 1/16". Hinge is standard alum. piano hinge from local aircraft supply. The aluminum tubing is 1/2" 6061 from my brothers old challenger wing. All 1/8 alum pop rivets. The right door is hinged with a 3/16" an-3 bolts that go through the front and rear top tubes. On the front of each door , the lexan was left long so it could be bent in a brake to help fill  the gap between the front of the door and the fuselage structure due to to the door resting on the outside of the fuselage to help give more clearance on the inside. The standard L/E is only 19 1/2" center to center width wise. The XL was improved by adding extra with in the fuselage.  It is quite tight inside and my right arm hits the window in the flair with a right crosswind but is manageable.

Hope some of this mumbo gumbo makes sense.

Scott J.

Offline fastcat

• Noob
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
Re: Pictures of removable doors on slug
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »
Hi Scott im new on here just orderd my eagle xl plans your doors just made me want this build even more thanks .

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal