How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Tail Wheel Assembly  (Read 2559 times)

Offline joecnc2006

• LE XL E-95
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
    • Joe's CNC
Tail Wheel Assembly
« on: August 25, 2016, 02:34:21 PM »
Here is an alternative that might work for those who want a little lighter tail.
If is from the free Hi-Max plans on Team MiniMax website.

I have a Hi-Max 1700R, which has this tail wheel and it apears to work well, My Hi-max on the weight and balance weighs 332lbs.
The aluminum tail has a nice spring action. I need to make a new wheel mount as the one from previous owner seems a bit small and is very close to the topp of the wheel.

Let me know what you think.

Offline Dan_

• Staff
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 48.0 Firefox 48.0
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle
Re: Tail Wheel Assembly
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 04:53:24 PM »
Let me know what you think.

I like it.  I am a fan of direct steering.  I would change the tie rod setup however.  I like the type where a bolt goes through the ball.  That way you can use a big enough washer to keep it together if the ball fails.  You could use a tube and weld a bolt in both ends and use a jamb nut to lock the length adjustment in...  Also you could bend that horn on the tailwheel and mount the rod end on the bottom of the rudder horn. This will give a straighter shot.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal