How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Cross Country in Legal Eagle  (Read 4705 times)

Offline leshoman

Cross Country in Legal Eagle
« on: January 05, 2014, 09:45:14 AM »
Saturday January 4th flew from Oakdale to Rio Vista. It was a warm 46 degrees when we broke ground. Our route took us east of Stockton and turned left just below Lodi. Had a head wind for first half hour and was making 34 mph, changed altitudes and got up to 38 took 1.6 hours of flying.  At 3,000 rpm was using 2 gph.  Return trip later in day was in mid 50's and had a tail wind, showing 68 and 70 mph.  Flew a different route, down thru the delta, west of Stockton and to Oakdale, took 1.2 hours and at 3,000 rpm used 1.9 gph.  Great day of flying. On the way to Rio Vista had occasion to view some geese at altitude. They were moving slightly away from me but i am beginning to wonder if I can keep up with them.
Les Homan

Offline Richfroh

Re: Cross Country in Legal Eagle
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 09:51:42 PM »
Next time you plan on going to Rio Vista, let me know. Better yet, make a trip into Lodi and I'll buy you lunch. I am building a Double Eagle and would love to see your Legal Eagle.

Rich 
richfroh@yahoo.com
Rich Frohmiller

Offline leshoman

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:08:24 AM »
When i get time a trip to Lodi is in order. Will coordinate with you.
Les Homan

Offline dcstrng

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 09:17:53 AM »
Am envious...

-- Larry
-- Larry

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal