How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Cb40 mosler  (Read 4610 times)

Offline Mark Kramer

• Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 12.0 Safari 12.0
Cb40 mosler
« on: April 06, 2019, 07:17:17 PM »
Anybody have knowledge about these engines? I have one, and could use some help. Paperwork I have says engine was assembled and sold in 92. Look in the exhaust ports and it looks brand new. Ran it once on stand,starts easy. Issues are,there was no dip stick hole bored, and no bolt holes at the 1 inch hole on top of engine. How do I get pcv without oil coming out

Offline Maxray

• 2019 Donor
  • H31/V22
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 66.0 Firefox 66.0
  • Eagle Type: UL/XL HYBRID
Re: Cb40 mosler
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 12:09:50 AM »
I can email you the manual.. P.M. me.
EAA member
USUA  member
AMA member
Spread Eagle U/L to XL builder

Offline Mark Kramer

• Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 12.0 Safari 12.0
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 07:00:08 AM »
Hi and thank you for the response. However I have the Mosler manual, in the back in the parts list is the little pcv valve. My question is where can I get one, and can I somehow drill and tap mounting bolt holes without tearing the engine down. also the engine was never bored for a dip stick. Any ideas? Thought about a clear vertical tube on back of engine, but that’s where oil temp sensor is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark

Offline Theodore

• Theodore W Otteson
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 99.0.4844.51 Chrome 99.0.4844.51
  • Eagle Type: XL
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 06:21:38 AM »
i have the Global 35hp 92x78, rebuilt over the winter with all standard vw parts, looking to put engine on dyno.
dip stick is normal position threaded, i have the orginal pcv that is broken and replace with Fram PCV(think i posted pic of this on another thread) also placed medium stainless steel wool in side cover. POwner has put homade reed valve inside valve cover, 3/8 tubing connects(all three points to intake, not tested hope i dont oil fowl the plugs
""Take care of your wish""

Offline kalazzerx

• Chris
  • Chris
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 99.0.4844.84 Chrome 99.0.4844.84
    • buildlog.virtualmakerspace.com
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle XL

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal