How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: XL takeoff distance  (Read 287 times)

Offline Silenced38

• Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 129.0 Firefox 129.0
XL takeoff distance
« on: September 05, 2024, 04:40:03 PM »
I finally bought the plans and am going to start building this winter. just wondering about the ground roll for takeoff in the XL. Off the ground and climbing. No obstacles on the end to clear but only 360 ft. Im planing a per plans XL with 37hp 1/2 vw (as light as i can build it) at max takeoff weight. approximately 1000' field elevation. May not be do able. but only after many hour of practice in the XL. Thanks   

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Donor 2024
  • Linux (Ubuntu) Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 85.0 Firefox 85.0
  • Eagle Type: LEXL #H-58
Re: XL takeoff distance
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2024, 06:39:56 AM »
Bullet with the Verner and 67 inch prop will do that takeoff easily, but "I" couldn't reliably land in 300 feet without dropping it in and most likely damaging the landing gear. Honestly, I doubt that a 37 horse vdub would get it done (shrug) but YMMV.

Offline Silenced38

• Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 128.0.0.0 Chrome 128.0.0.0
Re: XL takeoff distance
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2024, 06:12:57 PM »
Ok.thanks. it's on a hill on one end is tress and the other end straight out into the air. The only other place I've got I could get 600 feet but trees on both ends. Well it was a thought. Thanks.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal