How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Poll

Multiple votes Ok: Please consider Hints included...

I lose long Posts? Look in the Minimized job tray / cause, errant combo key strokes... Alternative is to Compose in your favorite text editor off-line, copy and then paste in the Forum Posting screee.
0 (0%)
I don't understand the text entry tool bar. Hint: Hover the mouse pointer over the icons and a text name will appear...
0 (0%)
I can't find Search. Hint: Check out the Forum tool links across the screen under the Avatar...
0 (0%)
I don't know where to place a Post... Hint: Post in "Off-topic - General Interest" we'll move it and leave forwarding address if need be...
0 (0%)
I can't find what's New... Hint: Click the "Show unresd posts since last visit" line on the Forum screen right under HELLO 'your name'... Please Disable your AdBlanker ware if you use it as we need the Ad click revenue to pay bills. Thanks. SHK
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Forum Member Poll re: Ease of Use and anomalies  (Read 8170 times)

Offline Dan_

Forum Member Poll re: Ease of Use and anomalies
« on: February 18, 2014, 09:03:15 AM »
I am going to try to post this reply one more time - If it disappears on me after reviewing and not allowing edits, I am going to chunk this entire site in the no-chance-for-recovovery bin.  Here goes one last time....

Hugh,

This is the first I have heard of this phenomenon... 

The only way I could get the post to disappear is by hitting the back arrow in my browser after looking at the preview... 

Just scroll back down your post box is still on the screen...

Else, you can always commit your entire post to the clipboard before hitting any buttons.  (a good habit anyway for a long post)  This way unless the power goes off you always have a copy of your post in memory.  (until you place something else in the clipboard)

Clipboard function video below...  (Ctrl+v, Ctrl+c)

--your friendly mouse whipped admin...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

Offline Dan_

Re: Forum Member Poll re: Ease of Use and anomalies
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 05:45:04 PM »
I use an LCD screen that measures roughly 10x16.  I think it is being sold as a 21 inch diagonal.  It is plenty big enough that no ads interfere, no not interfere... they do not even register.

The 2x2 ad that appears in the posts does register.  It is placed there under Google guidelines.   I don't think it is much to ask.  And I definitely think it is better than Yahoo ads.

So yes the site has to be paid for, therefore there will always be ads on it.  I see no way to continue otherwise.

Steve may wish to take the site over and cover the cost out of his pocket but I will no longer have anything to do with the site

If everyone blocks the ads then the site will not pay for itself.

So talk amongst yourselves, take a poll on it or whatever...

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 03:06:38 PM »
I am going to try to post this reply one more time - If it disappears on me after reviewing and not allowing edits, I am going to chunk this entire site in the no-chance-for-recovovery bin.  Here goes one last time....

NightEagle
BlackHut Ops
CoonNeck, Texas

Hugh,
I'm starting a Member Poll and including this observation in that Ease of Use Topic... Thanks for the input... Steve

Offline grdev

Re: Aluminum Fuel Tank construction using Proseal - no welding or leak fixing
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:14:41 PM »
there have been numerous times I've tried to enter a subject for a post, and it is just impossible. other times no way no how can I open an attachment, and other times I will be writing something and the whole web page will disappear.

Offline bill utt

• Beta testers
  • flown 7-5-14
  • Eagle Type: Modified DE
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 06:30:39 PM »
I am still learning by poking around. I do have trouble staying logged in though. Even when I check the forever box. But, it does help me remember my name and password!
Adds don't bother me. I do understand the need for them. Thanks for all you have done.
Bill
PS- is there a way that we can change the order of the pics in our Gallery?
"Any time spent off this planet, is time well invested"

Offline aeroplain2003

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 09:37:32 PM »
#6  Non of thee above. I've had zero trouble with this site. On other forums from time to time I've lost entire posts, maddening!! I now highlight and copy before I hit "post", that way if it flies into cyber-space I can try again. Don't know if this host has auto save?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 10:08:30 PM »
I am still learning by poking around. I do have trouble staying logged in though. Even when I check the forever box. But, it does help me remember my name and password!
Adds don't bother me. I do understand the need for them. Thanks for all you have done.
Bill
PS- is there a way that we can change the order of the pics in our Gallery?
Bill: Only sign in on the line up by your avatar - the drop down box does not do Forever... On the photo arrangement insert a 3 digit number in front of the file name for sequencing before uploading - look here for example:
http://www.eaglersnest.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=56
Steve

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 10:26:48 PM »
#6  Non of thee above. I've had zero trouble with this site. On other forums from time to time I've lost entire posts, maddening!! I now highlight and copy before I hit "post", that way if it flies into cyber-space I can try again. Don't know if this host has auto save?
I sure wish it had Auto Save - we continue to search for an editor with that feature...

When you are typing across the internet the keystrokes go by 1048 character packets all over the world by next net opening - when telco / your device or the servers miss a packet or two or the response gets hinky - Watch the entry line and don't crowd key strokes in there - that's where the keystrokes combine up and Poof...

I do believe this Editor does a non selectable Save when you Preview and the in-progress post will be somewhere on your desktop - usually Minimized in the Open App tray... Nothing stops one from doing some Previews as you type...

Offline PropMan

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 07:29:40 PM »
Everything's good. No problems here. Sure I haven't posted much though.
Frank

Offline Tom H

• Beta testers
  • Built/flew LEU, built/flying DE
  • Eagle Type: DE, LEU
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 07:50:20 AM »
I, too, after sorting things out, have had no problems with this forum.  The poll needs another selection - "no problems".
Tom H
Stubby, a BDE
Treehugger, LEU

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 08:17:39 AM »
I, too, after sorting things out, have had no problems with this forum.  The poll needs another selection - "no problems".

Tom: The Poll frame is good for 5 buttons - I'm out of selections - good idea though - I'll start a second poll that pivots on your polling idea... Thanks, Steve

Offline Dan_

Re: Aluminum Fuel Tank construction using Proseal - no welding or leak fixing
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 04:47:39 AM »
there have been numerous times I've tried to enter a subject for a post, and it is just impossible
Gill,
I cant speak to not being able to click on the attachments, or where a web page has gone, but the subjet box will appear when you hit "new topic".

New topic will appear after you have decided if you want to type about airframes or engines.
If airframe, it is either one or two seater, if engine, it is two or four cylinder and  click on that category.  Look for new topic over to the right.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal