How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Anyone have a BRS recovery parachute on a LE or LE XL?  (Read 4173 times)

Offline Sparrow

• Sparrow
  • 2015 Donor
  • Building
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 27.0 Firefox 27.0
  • Eagle Type: LE XL # D-21
Anyone have a BRS recovery parachute on a LE or LE XL?
« on: March 20, 2014, 06:01:47 PM »
Hello Eaglers,

I searched for BRS, Parachute and BRS Parachute in the search bar and had no results.  I am starting this thread to find out if anyone has a BRS recovery system on their LEU, LE XL or D LE?

I would like information about adding the system to a LE XL if it is available or if anyone knows specifics regarding the place to start asking questions of a manufacturer of the system.

Thanks in advance,

John
John Leake
1409 Briarwood Dr.
Blacksburg, VA, USA
11leake11@gmail.com
Plans arrived Dec. 2013
LE XL-D-21

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 28.0 Firefox 28.0
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
Re: Anyone have a BRS recovery parachute on a LE or LE XL?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 07:38:16 PM »
Hello Eaglers,

I searched for BRS, Parachute and BRS Parachute in the search bar and had no results.  I am starting this thread to find out if anyone has a BRS recovery system on their LEU, LE XL or D LE?

I would like information about adding the system to a LE XL if it is available or if anyone knows specifics regarding the place to start asking questions of a manufacturer of the system.

Thanks in advance,

John

http://brsparachutes.com/sport_aircraft.aspx

Leonard has a general observation about the way the Eagle airframe should be cradled by the chute harness - give him a call... The Spread Eagle was flown with a chute - there are photos in the Yahoo Group archives...

When I was building I saw the advantage of building without the weight of the chute and concentrated on making the airframe / engine & pilot airworthy - at normal UL flight levels it would be a matter of seconds to decide that chute deployment is prudent...

Steve

Offline Bob S.

• 2016 Donor
  • ! FLYING !
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 33.0.1750.154 Chrome 33.0.1750.154
  • Eagle Type: LE #64H
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 08:46:58 AM »
I was given a can BRS that needs repacking and new rocket.... Never got around to putting it on....I would LOVE to have a soft pack!!
Bob Severance
LE Plans #64H
E038RS

Offline Sparrow

• Sparrow
  • 2015 Donor
  • Building
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 27.0 Firefox 27.0
  • Eagle Type: LE XL # D-21
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 04:20:19 PM »
Steve and Bob thank you.

I called Leonard and he recommended the BRS be fastened to the wing attachment cluster points because that is the strongest hard point on the fuselage.

He also suggested that I didn’t need it because I just wouldn’t because the LE is an airworthy craft. I have to agree with him on this point.

I will decide within the next 2 months.  I will let Derrick at BRS know what Leonard said and let him quote a solution anyway.

John
John Leake
1409 Briarwood Dr.
Blacksburg, VA, USA
11leake11@gmail.com
Plans arrived Dec. 2013
LE XL-D-21

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal