How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 3272 times)

Offline kg4enb

• Noob
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 34.0.1847.131 Chrome 34.0.1847.131
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle
Hello Everyone
« on: May 12, 2014, 06:25:31 PM »
Hello everyone. Name here is Bryan. I purchased affordaplane plans back about 10 years ago but just now getting around to where I have time to build a plane. After getting reacquainted with my plans and researching other builds it seems hard to meet the weight limit with the plans I have.  So I found the Legal Eagle. This is a beautiful little plane and I like the idea of a welded steel frame instead of bolted aluminum . So as I type this my check is in the mail to Mr. Milholland  for plans and videos..  

Thanks to the previous builders sharing on youtube I believe this is an airplane I can build and trust.

Just thought I would say hello and share a little 

Bryan

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 29.0 Firefox 29.0
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 10:31:42 PM »
Hello everyone. Name here is Bryan. I purchased affordaplane plans back about 10 years ago but just now getting around to where I have time to build a plane. After getting reacquainted with my plans and researching other builds it seems hard to meet the weight limit with the plans I have.  So I found the Legal Eagle. This is a beautiful little plane and I like the idea of a welded steel frame instead of bolted aluminum . So as I type this my check is in the mail to Mr. Milholland  for plans and videos..  

Thanks to the previous builders sharing on youtube I believe this is an airplane I can build and trust.

Just thought I would say hello and share a little

Bryan

Welcome Bryan:

If you build what Leonard shows in the plans and don't put a lot of paint on it you'll be under 254 lbs with the XL... The XL is a a second generation UL that benefits from Designer, Builder & Flyer inputs from the LE version  first shown in 99 ...

The build itself is a remarkable experience that a motivated craftperson will enjoy... Help is available here on the Forum along the way... Do something every day on the build or in service plane - it keeps your juices flowing and there is always something to learn or appreciate...

Steve

Offline kg4enb

• Noob
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 34.0.1847.131 Chrome 34.0.1847.131
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 01:47:16 PM »
Thanks Steve nice to meet ya

Offline rockiedog2

• 2014 Donor
  • Joe Spencer
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 29.0 Firefox 29.0
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 07:15:34 PM »

i talked to Engleman today. he's got 700 hours on his.
yeah if you build it good you can sure trust it
keep it light man

Offline Sparetime

• 2014 Donor
  • Noob
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 6.0 Safari 6.0
  • Eagle Type: Xl c-28
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 03:59:31 PM »
700 hours! How many take offs would you estimate? 1000?

Jim

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal