How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Ken's XL-F-34  (Read 3179 times)

Offline dz1sfb

• Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 49.0.2623.87 Chrome 49.0.2623.87
  • Eagle Type: XL-F-34
Ken's XL-F-34
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:32:56 PM »
Legal Eagle XL-F-34

Received the plans yesterday and going through them. My plan is to initially get the motor done first if the parts come to me. Otherwise it will probably be a Cassler 1/2 VW, full case, mag, and twin Mikunis. Getting the motor first ensures that if something unexpected happens in the meantime, it is a lot easier to unload the motor alone instead of an unfinished airframe.

Anyway I do have access to alot of 6061-T6 and will get those hardware pieces of the airframe done while I am pulling the motor together.

I don't see any build logs on this site so I am wondering if it is proper etiquette to do that here?
Ken N.
"Good is the enemy of best"

Offline Dan_

• Staff
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle
Re: Ken's XL-F-34
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 02:05:05 PM »
Legal Eagle XL-F-34
I don't see any build logs on this site so I am wondering if it is proper etiquette to do that here?

Ken,
The protocol going froward will be to announce you wan't to start a builder's diary, and then take many, many photos and post them into your own builders log category...  

Yours has already been created as a sub board under the "General Interest" category.

BTW:  It is not necessary to downsize the pictures, it is done automatically by the forum...

Looking forward to watching your progress...

Anyone else..?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

Offline dz1sfb

• Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 9.0 Safari 9.0
  • Eagle Type: XL-F-34
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 12:28:09 PM »
Dan,
Thank you for the help. It is greatly appreciated.
Ken N.
"Good is the enemy of best"

Offline Dan_

• Staff
  • Browser:
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 12:33:44 PM »
Dan,
Thank you for the help. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the good idea...

Offline Dan_

• Staff
  • Browser:
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 02:34:47 PM »
One thing to keep in mind...

This version of forum software does not have a "drafts" feature on making posts.  The next version is in late Beta, and does have drafts, which can be set to auto save your post at the chosen interval...

So, if you are making a long post... Make absolute certain you do not inadvertently hit the back button in your browser or left arrow key on your keyboard.  All your hard work will go poof.

The best way for now to approach this problem is you make your post in note pad, saving it as you go.  Then cut and paste it into your topic box here on the forum, so you can spell check it, add attachments or whatever and of course post it.

The second best way is to be careful while posting and keep highlighting the text in your post with the mouse and holding down the "CTRL" key while you tap the "C" key.  This will at least keep a copy of your progress in the clipboard so that if anything happens you can quickly right click your desktop and open a new text document then hold down the "CTRL" key and tap the "V" key to paste your clipboard contents into notepad...

It only takes one long lost post to break one from the habit on this deal...

Simple Machines forum 2.1 will perhaps be released for a production site this year, and we have a test site of the Beta 3 release going here:

Unfortunately you have to sign up to post, where you will see the drafts feature at work...  It is currently set to autosave every 15 seconds, and the draft kept for 7 days.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal