How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: You Tube Video of two eagles - flew both this evening  (Read 5599 times)

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 33.0 Firefox 33.0
  • Eagle Type: LEU and LEXL
Les Homan

Offline s johnson

• Beta testers
  • Scott - aka Slug Musher
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
  • Eagle Type: Standard L/E
Re: You Tube Video of two eagles - flew both this evening
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 10:10:51 PM »
Les,

Thanks for sharing . Inspirational.. but Why do you have to sell one? Keep em both. You're having too much fun with them both.

Scott J

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0 Safari 7.0
  • Eagle Type: LEU and LEXL
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 10:29:22 PM »
I need to find a girl friend that loves to fly.   None of my kids want to fly and I want to build another one with all that I have learned so fa
Les Homan

Offline s johnson

• Beta testers
  • Scott - aka Slug Musher
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
  • Eagle Type: Standard L/E
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 11:00:12 PM »
Uhm....
Less, seems to me that building another eagle would be better than another girlfriend,, Oops just kidding.... It was sure nice meeting you at AirVenture this year. Hope we get to meet again. You , Sam and of course the Professor have been awesome for the Eagle Movement. Speaking of the Professor.... where has he been the past few months. Must be on a Honeymoon.... :-)

Scott J.
The Slug Musher
Thanks again Jimmy for the coin..... Oops... I mean the Judge.. No disrespect intended.

Offline Jerry Carter

• 2014 Donor
  • XL builder
  • Mac OS X 10.10 Mac OS X 10.10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 33.0 Firefox 33.0
  • Eagle Type: XL
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 06:00:13 AM »
I wish you lived closer, Les.  I would happily volunteer to be your second pilot.  Unfortunately, I have to build my own. Thanks for your comments on the fuel tank location. I've found that I weigh construction choices between options presented by you, Sam and Leonard. All are good. Just nice to have choices.

Offline Sam Buchanan

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 07:37:15 AM »
A brief note about fuel tank considerations.

My Eagle with cowl tank has the Sonerei tailwheel spring, yoke and wheel which is heavier than the "standard Eagle shopping cart" setup. Not only has the tailwheel proven to be 100% reliable with no service required in four seasons of flying, it eliminates the cowl tank CG issues Les discussed in his video. I don't know how the weight of mine and Les's tank compare since it appears they are designed differently. My tank holds a little over four gallons when topped.

Note to builders; It is good to have options--but very carefully think through the consequences before adopting non-standard designs. The cowl tank is a complex design which probably isn't well-suited for the novice builder.   :)

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal