How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Re post of a fun video  (Read 4299 times)

Offline s johnson

• Beta testers
  • Scott - aka Slug Musher
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
  • Eagle Type: Standard L/E
Re post of a fun video
« on: December 09, 2014, 01:32:15 AM »

Fun times chasing my brother around the pattern. Oh the Eagles are good flying machines. Keep building.

Scott J.

Offline Jerry Carter

• 2014 Donor
  • XL builder
  • Mac OS X 10.10.1 Mac OS X 10.10.1
  • Browser:
  • Safari 8.0.1 Safari 8.0.1
  • Eagle Type: XL
Re: Re post of a fun video
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 07:02:31 AM »
Thanks, Scott. Looks like a blast. I might need a heater in the Eagle around Memphis if I were flying now since it's only in the 40's.;D

Offline Tom H

• Beta testers
  • Built/flew LEU, built/flying DE
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 33.0 Firefox 33.0
  • Eagle Type: DE, LEU
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 07:56:04 AM »
Scott, did you ever get the snow skis working on the Slug?  You should be getting snow real soon.  Need to get a video on that.

Jerry, just so happens we flew our DE Stubby yesterday, temps were mid 40s.  It has doors, and the wind blast is just about gone, but still cool.  So, I put in a cabin heat system and tried it out.  It has a heat muff around one of the exhaust pipes, scat tube and a diverter/flapper box on the firewall.  I could feel air coming into the cockpit, but it was not very warm.  I would have thought that air flowing over a 1200 deg pipe would get fairly warm, but it wasn't.  Needs some mods, but not sure what.
Tom H
Stubby, a BDE
Treehugger, LEU

Offline s johnson

• Beta testers
  • Scott - aka Slug Musher
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Eagle Type: Standard L/E
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 05:09:30 AM »
Scott, did you ever get the snow skis working on the Slug?  You should be getting snow real soon.  Need to get a video on that.

Hi Tom,

Other that taxi tests last winter that's all I've done. We really don't have enough snow to try it again. I'm sure that will change pretty soon though. I had great plans of building removable doors for the Slug but I've been too busy with the L-3 project. We are trying to get a field approval for a Wing Aux tank based on an old one time STC. On a deadline because the FAA guy we are using is retiring at the end of the year. Just not enough time home to get a lot done.
When I put the skis back on I'll be sure to get some videos.

Scott

Offline Aerodude45

• Improving
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 09:36:04 PM »
You have skis for you LE, Scott? I'll have to check that out. Have any pictures at all? I was thinking about trying that next winter. All the snow just melted. I'm not complaining, but I'm sure I would be if I was trying to fly off of a grass strip in all that muck...

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal