How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: VW specs  (Read 4976 times)

Offline flydog

• Noob
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 8.0 MS Internet Explorer 8.0
VW specs
« on: March 07, 2015, 04:29:49 PM »
Got a fairly nice "new to me" case and want to find out if its been line bored. I've found the specs for the main journal diameter but can not find what the dimension of a standard saddle(?) should be. i.e. the part where the bearing O.D. fits.
Anyone?

Offline Bugsmasher

• 2014 Donor
  • Smashin' bugs southern style
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
Re: VW specs
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 04:49:01 PM »
From the archives of my constantly growing library...............remember that the housing bore should be around .002" smaller than listed size. I have a link explaining why this is....basic thermal expansion of the case and the need for a semi crush fit at operating temps from what I have read and been told.
They ask me what it's made of.....I tell them bed sheets and broomsticks seem to fly best....

Offline flydog

• Noob
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 8.0 MS Internet Explorer 8.0
Re: VW specs
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 04:29:57 AM »
Thanks Bugs
  Looks like my case has been bored .035" at some time in its life.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal