How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Wing Rib Gusset Paterns  (Read 5098 times)

Offline Jethack737

• Mac OS X 10.10 Mac OS X 10.10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 37.0 Firefox 37.0
  • Eagle Type: Building XL
Wing Rib Gusset Paterns
« on: May 08, 2015, 10:33:41 PM »
I ordered the wing rib materials kit from John Bolding awhile back and I am now in the process of putting my first rib together.
Does anybody know where I might find a pattern for the gussets that I could just print out from the web? I remember seeing one on the web before, but for the life of me I can't find it again.
I could just trace them from John Bolding's wing rib pattern, but it would be a lot easier just to print it out.

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari Safari
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
Re: Wing Rib Gusset Paterns
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:25:05 AM »
I ordered the wing rib materials kit from John Bolding awhile back and I am now in the process of putting my first rib together.
Does anybody know where I might find a pattern for the gussets that I could just print out from the web? I remember seeing one on the web before, but for the life of me I can't find it again.
I could just trace them from John Bolding's wing rib pattern, but it would be a lot easier just to print it out.

It's with Scott in Iowa Download tab files here in the Forum...

Offline scottiniowa

• Scott-In-Iowa
  • Mac OS X 10.7.5 Mac OS X 10.7.5
  • Browser:
  • Safari 6.1.6 Safari 6.1.6
    • Display of helpful hits and tricks
  • Eagle Type: Legal E- XL
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 05:11:00 AM »
Go to the  tab  “downloads”
there you will see,  a group of files that have been put on this forum for various types of help with certain areas
one of those is "Graphic aids by Scott in Iowa”

upon selecting that one, scroll down and you will see, one called Full scale gussets.
http://www.eaglersnest.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;cat=11

I always suggest you make sure these are exactly what  you want for size, but I think you find them close. I grouped them to use maximum amount of your gusset plywood.  And will facilitate use of your paper cutter. 

Best of success.

Scott
best email address:  irondesignairparts@gmail.com

Offline Jethack737

• Mac OS X 10.10 Mac OS X 10.10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 37.0 Firefox 37.0
  • Eagle Type: Building XL
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 09:02:27 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I just finished my first rib. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions along the way!

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal