How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Legal Eagle XL or Ultralight Slipping  (Read 3212 times)

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 40.0 Firefox 40.0
  • Eagle Type: LEU and LEXL
Legal Eagle XL or Ultralight Slipping
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:03:59 PM »
I have been asked the question several times about slipping the Legal Eagle and have bee told people are covering the rear fuselage to aid in slipping.  We have been practicing short field landings and i can assure you the Legal Eagle slips just fine with the rear fuselage uncovered.  If you really want to come down hill pull the power all the way off and slip, seems like about a 60 degree angle.  on a calm day set up in landing slope with power unchanged and establishing the picture of where touch down will be by slipping at at a same settings it appears the landing spot goes bout half way between your point and where picture was located.  I could only imagine using the slip very seriously in an emergency when you need to land in neighbors back yard between fence and house.
Les Homan

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal