How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: XL Eagle Progress Down Under  (Read 4710 times)

Offline ParQld

• Beta testers
  • Building DE
  • Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mac OS X 10.8.5
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 44.0.2403.155 Chrome 44.0.2403.155
  • Eagle Type: Double Eagle
XL Eagle Progress Down Under
« on: August 30, 2015, 10:35:06 PM »
We pulled a long weekend this week due to a local public Holiday and travelled 2 hours North of the Gold Coast to the Sunshine Coast Hinterland for some R&R. I took the opportunity on Saturday to travel a further hour North and drop in on Greg Kubler in the town of Gympie (pronounced Gim-pee). 

Greg is building a LEU-XL. I visited Greg about 2 years ago when he had just completed his fuselage and was contemplating the wings. 2 Years on and he as all but completed both wings, the tail feathers and built his engine. At the time he had the prop (culver) off the engine but assures me it runs like a dream.

I am amazed that Greg has nutted everything out himself as he had not really even heard of the Forum. I have encouraged him to join up and share information with others and also be involved in a great community. He was very pleased to have a fellow builder call in and chat and swap notes. I planned to stay a few hours and chat, but 6 hours later got the inevitable text message "where are you?" from my wife realised we had been obviously swapping a lot of notes.

Also to Greg's credit his wings are constructed of locally milled Hoop Pine. He purchased large lengths and milled the whole lot himself even the 1/4 X 1/4 capstrips. I think the timber came to around $90 AUD.

I hope to visit him again in the near future and I have of course invited him to come and view my DE project.

Hopefully we will see him join the forums soon

Paul Radford
DE - E69
Gold Coast - Australia

Offline scottiniowa

• Scott-In-Iowa
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 44.0.2403.157 Chrome 44.0.2403.157
    • Display of helpful hits and tricks
  • Eagle Type: Legal E- XL
Re: XL Eagle Progress Down Under
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 05:42:06 AM »
Excellent update Paul, sure nice to see how folks do things in photos and the progress they make. Always inspiring! 

Scott
best email address:  irondesignairparts@gmail.com

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 40.0 Firefox 40.0
  • Eagle Type: LEU and LEXL
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 09:18:26 AM »
Great to hear about another LE builder.  We are going to surround the world with fun flying.
Les Homan

Offline macca

• Noob
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.85 Chrome 45.0.2454.85
  • Eagle Type: LEXL
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 06:04:35 AM »
Great news Paul Its great to have an update to whats happening here in Australia need to see some of your latest pics would be good also putting a few dollars aside for my build hopefully start soon 
Macca Hunter Valley NSW
Toofubartooften

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal