How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Norther California Legal Eagle Gathering This Saturday, September 26, 9:00 to 3:  (Read 7379 times)

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 40.0 Firefox 40.0
  • Eagle Type: LEU and LEXL
This Saturday at the Rio Vista Municipal Airport, Rio Vista California is the Northern California Legal Eagle Gathering. We will have forums covering fuselage, engine, wing building and flying. Legal Eagle Ultralights will be there with some flying.  Great chance to meet other Legal Eagle builders, pilots and those at the thinking about phase. 
Bring what you are working in for show and tell.
Les Homan

Offline gerrynolan

• Noob
  • Windows NT 6.2 Windows NT 6.2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 21.0.1180.0 Chrome 21.0.1180.0
Thanks for the reminder.

Keith Silva

I'll be there! Thanks for putting this on.

Offline Richfroh

• Rich Frohmiller
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 9.0 Safari 9.0
  • Eagle Type: Cabin Eagle
It's getting close! I'm getting excited!
Rich Frohmiller

Offline CHARLES DEBOER

• Pteradactyle
  • FLYING
  • Mac OS X 10.10.4 Mac OS X 10.10.4
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.99 Chrome 45.0.2454.99
  • Eagle Type: XL #A67
Is there any place to park a pick-up with a shell for camping?

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 8.0 Safari 8.0
Try
Solano County - Park Reservation Form and Maps
There is a Sandy beach County Park campground in Rio Vista 707-374-2097
Les Homan

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.101 Chrome 45.0.2454.101
I want to thank all those that came and participated in the 2nd annual Northern California Legal Eagle Gathering in Rio Vista California.  We had a great turn out with great people.  Special Thanks to Rex Avery and Gerry Nolan and the other great people from EAA chapter 1474 and the Rio Vista Airport for making us feel at home and welcoming us to there airport, To Burt Camenzinb for showing us his Legal Eagle, 1/2" vw on test stand with very impressive ignition system, Phillip for bringing the electric motor that will be powering a Legal Eagle in the not too distant future, for the great roast pig for lunch, for Rich Frothmiller for bringing his double eagle wing and giving forum on wing building and all the others i have missed.  IN next few days I will be going over notes and will add to what and who was involved.  I did not take any pictures but one of the attendees has a blog and took many great pictures and wrote a great blog about what was going on.  I want thank them very much.  This is a link to there blog. 

http://todgermanica.com/2015/09/27/legal-eagle-ultralight-fly-in-rio-vista-2015/
Les Homan

Offline PropMan

• 2019 Donor
  • XL B2
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.101 Chrome 45.0.2454.101
    • Performance Propellers USA
  • Eagle Type: LE XL
Les, Looks like y'all had a great time. Good Job!
Frank

Offline Tom Stephens

• Noob
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 41.0 Firefox 41.0
I can't say enough for the job Les, Rex, Gerry and Rich did.  Great weather, informative talks, lots of great questions and answers.  It was nice to see the comparison of Rex's LE wing and Rich's DE wing.  Excellent pig roast in tortillas.  It's nice to be with others, all interested in Legal Eagles and ultralights.

If you are at all interested in Legal Eagles, I highly recommend coming to this annual gathering.

Tom from Arnold, CA

Keith Silva

I second Tom Stephens' thanks to everyone involved in conducting the Gathering. It was a great time and well-worth the trip to Rio Vista.

I hope to see everyone next year! Let's all bring airplane parts!

Regards, Keith Silva

Offline odwil

• Noob
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
  • Eagle Type: xl
thanks to the folks that put on the le gathering in rio vista I learn a lot in the short time that me and my son was there and am looking forward to day I can start my build   thank you   will

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal