How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: V-Speeds  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Gjsteube

• Noob
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 8.0 Safari 8.0
  • Eagle Type: Double Eagle
V-Speeds
« on: January 26, 2016, 07:33:03 AM »
Does anyone have a complete list of V speeds for the DE, (Vx, Vy, Vs...etc.)? I realize this is going to vary a little between each individual Eagle, but would help to have as a starting reference point when I start actual flight testing.

Offline Leonard

• The Boss
  • Designer
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
    • Better Half VW
Re: V-Speeds
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 08:59:35 AM »
The VNE speeds for the Double Eagle is 103mph.   Leonard

Offline Tom H

• Beta testers
  • Built/flew LEU, built/flying DE
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 43.0 Firefox 43.0
  • Eagle Type: DE, LEU
Re: V-Speeds
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 07:01:07 AM »
I did some testing to establish a few speeds with DE Stubby.   Stall was around 45.  I don't have my notes here, but best climb rate, best climb angle, lowest rate of descent all were around 60 mph, give or take a few.  The specific number will vary with aircraft due to airspeed indicator installation, for one reason.  For example, we had the static lines "Teed" to static ports on either side of the fuselage aft of the cockpit, but saw a lot of fluctuation of the airspeed indicator.  Then we simply disconnected the "T" behind the seats and left it open.  This calmed the airspeed indicator, but it indicates 5-8 mph higher like this.

My recommendation on initial testing is to keep the airspeed on the high side (but way less than 103 mph!) during climb until you get some feel for it.
Tom H
Stubby, a BDE
Treehugger, LEU

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal