How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Les Homan  (Read 4551 times)

Offline s johnson

• Beta testers
  • Scott - aka Slug Musher
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
  • Eagle Type: Standard L/E
Les Homan
« on: May 05, 2015, 10:26:31 PM »
AirVenture 2014 video gopro

Hey Les,

I was just watching an old video from AirVenture 2014. It reminded me of all the GOPro cameras the guys set up on your airplane last year. 'Did you ever get a copy of  the video  they patched together. I'd love to see it.

I had a gopro and my stealth HD camera set up last time I went aviating and wouldn't you know it... I set the gopro up with the wrong setting and got one picture and on the stealth I ended up turning it off instead of on... Nothing... dadgummet   .... Man the Slug is running strong...

Scott J
Oshkosh

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 37.0 Firefox 37.0
  • Eagle Type: LEU and LEXL
Re: Les Homan
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 11:00:11 AM »
Scott
 I did not get a copy of anything they shot but would guess it did not come out any better than mine. after i got home went out and shot video at every location they had a camera and at several settings. none of it was any good, to much jello.  I am going to do a video before long on what i have learned about taking and getting video with the legal eagle.  The basic simple way to get consistent good video is to attach it to the largest blob of anti-vibration jell in the plane, the pilot.  Anywhere else is a matter of testing mounts, camera settings and document what works.  once finding a working combination then mazimize it.  most of my video is shot at 1080 30fps but when i shot on the tail, in front of vertical stab i have to use 1080 60 fps to get anything that works consistently.  It is interesting in that at different engine rpm, different speeds, different turbulances it all changes. I find when trying to get an extended length of useable video is more difficult than thanking a few seconds here and there from a long video.  At present i am using about 6 hours video to make a 3 minute video clip.  It varies but i gave up on trying to take 10 minutes of video to use in a 10 minute video clip.  I am planning a big adventure coming up later in May, will be flying out of a 5,200 msl strip and taking once in a life time shots.  I have a total of 6 gopro cameras i will be working with and hope to get some good shots.  I will be putting it up on youtube and my blog   Legal Eagle Ultralight Flying Adventures  daily with more information as the date gets closer.  I will be doing final flight testing and oil change this weekend and loading it in the trailer next.  If all else fails I should be able to answer the question  what elevation these things will get of the ground at and what the service ceiling.  some of the terrain where i will be be goes to over 8,500 feet.
Les Homan

Offline Garyverrier

• Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 46.0.2486.0 Chrome 46.0.2486.0
  • Eagle Type: LEXL
Re: Les Homan
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »
Hi Les, My name is Gary. I am building a lexl unsure aboue sta #1 engine mount and how rubber mounts are set? hole size ect. can you help. Thanke Gary 903-253-3291.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal