How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: XL Wing Removal for Transport  (Read 5093 times)

Offline rbrochey

• Linux (Ubuntu) Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 47.0 Firefox 47.0
    • Brochey Guitars
  • Eagle Type: XL
XL Wing Removal for Transport
« on: October 16, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »
I can't seem to find much on this topic but that may have more to do with my inability to search in the right place... I just have a question about how difficult it is to remove the wings for transporting the XL home and back to the field again?? I'm trying to see it from the plans but can't put it together... any help or opinions? Thanks

Offline rbrochey

• Linux (Ubuntu) Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 47.0 Firefox 47.0
    • Brochey Guitars
  • Eagle Type: XL
Re: XL Wing Removal for Transport
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 08:16:44 PM »
Thanks!! (and yikes!)

Offline Bob S.

• 2016 Donor
  • ! FLYING !
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 49.0.2623.112 Chrome 49.0.2623.112
  • Eagle Type: LE #64H
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 08:34:42 PM »
WHEW!!!  

Yeah, Yikes!

Awesome video! Thanks!!!
Bob Severance
LE Plans #64H
E038RS

Offline XL-C-100

• Nate
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 9.0 Safari 9.0
  • Eagle Type: LE XL
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 07:56:11 AM »
I think when you said a lot of thought went into that you may have understated it just a bit! Impressive setup.

Centx_eagle

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 10:35:23 AM »

I can't seem to find much on this topic but that may have more to do with my inability to search in the right place... I just have a question about how difficult it is to remove the wings for transporting the XL home and back to the field again?? I'm trying to see it from the plans but can't put it together... any help or opinions? Thanks

New member here.

In a couple of weeks, I plan on visiting Leonard to see his planes and decide on either the Double Eagle or Cabin Eagle.

I've hear on this grapevine that the Cabin Eagle has folding wings. Any details on this feature before I visit Leonard?

Previously, I had planned on building a Tandem Airbike but have since decided on a dual seat Milholland design. I was inspired by the Youtube video "" which is a slightly modified Airbike.

My situation is there are no hangers available at the local airports and avoid the money drain for rental of one. Besides, having it in my shop enables me to work on it without driving a half hour to the airport.

I want a solo assembly if at all possible like in the video I linked to above. Is the Cabin Eagle folding wing a solo operation?

-- Teri

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal