How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Bill's LEXL F-82  (Read 6991 times)

Offline Dave Stroud

• Dave Stroud
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.99 Chrome 54.0.2840.99
  • Eagle Type: XL
Re: Bill's LEXL F-82
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 06:21:32 AM »
It was not my intention to insult anyone...just trying to point out that sometimes if you "just get on with it" progress will happen. My apologies to anyone offended.
Dave Stroud
Ottawa, Canada

Offline ArcticDave

• Stranger in a strange land
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 52.0.2743.98 Chrome 52.0.2743.98
  • Eagle Type: Sonoran Eagle
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 07:36:21 AM »
It's all good fellow Dave. I really didn't think you meant it the way it came out. 
You're absolutely correct in your advice to "get on with it". 
I've read just about every thread here and it seems to me that for a large majority of questions, the answers will become self evident as we build.

Offline Bill_A

• Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 47.0 Firefox 47.0
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »
Dave & Dave, I get where you're both coming from, but as an engineer, I tend to think twice or more about a problem, then get it on with it. If I have a pretty good notion of where I want to end up, it makes getting there a whole lot easier. Since I've never built an airplane before, I'd rather play a few mind games first so that I'm not having to say (too often) "Sh*t, I just cut that piece of tubing too short!"
Bill

Offline Dave Stroud

• Dave Stroud
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.99 Chrome 54.0.2840.99
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 06:10:19 PM »
I admire Engineers Bill and you have a great advantage over the average fella when looking into design considerations of something you are actually building. Most of the engineering stuff is over my head but I did buy a book called Stress without Tears by Tom Rhodes to try to improve myself. I delve into it from time to time thinking I might pick up on something and it might become clear in my head. It doesn't seem to ever happen...it brings on stress and I get close to tears. It makes me feel good that there are experts out there like you.

Dave Stroud
Ottawa, Canada

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal