How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Frame tube angles in the plans  (Read 8210 times)

Offline ultra

• Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 57.0.2987.133 Chrome 57.0.2987.133
Re: Frame tube angles in the plans
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 11:38:20 AM »
Ah I see, well I guess Ill have to make some time to watch some videos, I was worried the butt joint welds on the longerons would be too weak but on the upside I can still use the $150 worth of 4130 here.

Do you think I could still reuse the number two station if I hack off the lower bar and notch it to fit the new longerons? Thanks for the advice.

Time spent learning about what works, is well spent..  You were worried about something that has been done since the 1920's?  I don't think I understand that worry, but that's ok.  Like stated by others, you are not out much as of yet, and would have been out a lot, if you carried on.  So this "learning" is all good.

Your above question- Do we think you could reuse the #2 station if you cut out the lower bar and then notch?   I suppose if you gave exact dimensions of what you think you might end up with, we could then give you an answer.... but presently it would have a hard time going past - "maybe"  

Looks like you found room for the table. so now will have room for the fuselage after all.

Best of success.

Thanks, I was able to get all my markings down on the table and I have a friend helping me out this weekend putting the table on a winch for storage. Sometimes the best way to learn something is by messing up the first time. 

Offline stevejahr

• Still dreamin'
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 57.0.2987.133 Chrome 57.0.2987.133
  • Eagle Type: LE XL
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 02:15:45 PM »
One of my sayings is that the fastest way to the right answer is to publish the wrong answer.  Sounds like you too share that philosophy :)

Offline Dan_

• Staff
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 53.0 Firefox 53.0
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »
Wittman Tailwind splices .028 tubing to .035 aft of the baggage compartment.  Cut on 45 degree, split sleeve inserted.  Splice lands at a cluster top and bottom best I remember without looking at the plans...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal