How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: New LE Builder  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Bob S.

New LE Builder
« on: January 25, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »
I went to a new builder's house today and inspected his building "room".. a converted barn.. and let him borrow my rib jig and small stapler. I expect to go next week and see a stack of ribs.  I may go and check on him in a few days so he doesn't get too far along if there are any mistakes.. 

He purchased a kit from John Bolding which appeared to be packed nicely except John bundled the aluminum tube with the steel and the aluminum was quite marked up from vibration up next to the steel. I am sure a bit of scotch brite should return the aluminum tube to an acceptable finish. Mostly just the exposed Strut material. We'll see. We'll get the contents unpacked and sorted this week as well.

I am also hoping to copy and print out some examples of other's building progress for him to look at. I will also try and get him online to look for himself.

I also have another Legal Eagle builder friend who had his wings complete and should be covering soon...

SO, There is the start of a Texas Eagler's Wing in formation in the San Antonio area.
Bob Severance
LE Plans #64H
E038RS

Offline Poorman2

Re: New LE Builder
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »
Good job Bob. I know they are yery fortunate to have someone who has be there- done that. With your help they will be in the air before you know it.:)

Offline Bob S.

Re: New LE Builder
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »
I hope so.. I am getting pretty bored flying by myself...
Like misery, flying ultralights loves company!
Bob Severance
LE Plans #64H
E038RS

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal