How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Sanding Wood,Varnishing of Wood and Glue, When, Where and How?  (Read 17006 times)

Offline liteflyt

Re: Sanding Wood,Varnishing of Wood and Glue, When, Where and How?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 03:41:52 PM »
Please keep in mind, all oil pumped air supply systems have "some' level of contamination in their air. Some hardily
noticeable, some leave a noticeable streak on clean surfaces.YMMV.

Rodger

Offline Sparrow

• Sparrow
  • 2015 Donor
  • Building
  • Eagle Type: LE XL # D-21
Re: Sanding Wood,Varnishing of Wood and Glue, When, Where and How?
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 07:28:05 PM »
Hi Rodger,
Yep, you are correct.  I am not running an oil free system.  I do not use oil in my lines, as some are set up to do because of all the air tools blasting away down stream.  Each of my air tools has individual oilers on them.  The only oil in the line or tank should be because of ring blow by and I am hoping that is going to be very little because the compressor was installed on 27 Feb. 13 and broke in for the recommended number of hours and then the oil renewed. I don’t think I have used it for more than 5 hours in a year so far.  I will blast away at a glass plate and then look it over good.  If I need to add an oil removal filter to the line I will. Just found one that will pass 150SCFM and filter to 0.03 micron and has an auto water dump valve included.
Good catch, thank you.  John
John Leake
1409 Briarwood Dr.
Blacksburg, VA, USA
11leake11@gmail.com
Plans arrived Dec. 2013
LE XL-D-21

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal