How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: DE Elevator Trim Tab Control  (Read 290 times)

Offline MikeHuffman

• Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 123.0.0.0 Chrome 123.0.0.0
  • Eagle Type: Double Eagle
DE Elevator Trim Tab Control
« on: April 14, 2024, 02:01:10 PM »
I'm a bit confused by Leonard's plans concerning the location in the cockpit for the elevator trim handle: on plans page 26A, he suggests that the trim handle be located on a bracket welded to the center of the front seat rail.  However, on plans pages 11 and 21, he shows the manual brake handles in that same area, which seems like the two functions might be difficult to manage together.  Also, in looking through all the Gallery photos, I didn't find any showing the trim handle mounted in that location.

So, my questions are: 1) how many builders have opted to have an elevator trim tab, 2) of those, where have you located the trim handle, and 3) is yours a good location?

Thanks

Mike

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal