How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: engine size and prop  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Tazio Sartini

• Unknown Unknown
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 76.0.3809.136 Chrome 76.0.3809.136
engine size and prop
« on: December 14, 2023, 08:23:24 PM »
 I'm building a LEXL. I weigh in at 250 lbs, yes I'm fat, what I need to know is what you all think I should use, as far as engine power and prop. I,ll be flying out of a local airfield that has plenty of runway, but is at an altitude of around 4,900 feet. Thinking I'll need a lot of horse power to make it work.What do you guys think, and any ideas of what prop would be best.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Donor 2024
  • Linux (Ubuntu) Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 85.0 Firefox 85.0
  • Eagle Type: LEXL #H-58
Re: engine size and prop
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 03:53:18 AM »
Easy.. Verner. Bullet's is 67-36 but one manufacturer's pitch may differ from another.
Ok, ok.. you are talking about a half VW.. :) the biggest you can build. Unless you have the capability to build your own, the price differential may not be all that much.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal