How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Legal Eagle XL Flying in the Delta  (Read 4873 times)

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 35.0.1916.114 Chrome 35.0.1916.114
  • Eagle Type: LEU and LEXL
Legal Eagle XL Flying in the Delta
« on: June 02, 2014, 11:24:58 AM »
Just uploaded another Legal Eagle XL Video. Checking out the Delta from Rio Vista 

Put another 2.5 hours on Saturday flying from Oakdale to Rio Vista.  1 Hour 22 minutes there and 1 hour 8 minutes back.
Les Homan

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 29.0 Firefox 29.0
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
Re: Legal Eagle XL Flying in the Delta
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 11:41:41 AM »
A very pretty trip...
Did you stop somewhere & fuel up?
How close are the in-progress builders up there to start flying with you?

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0 Safari 7.0
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 12:34:52 PM »
There is an eagle at Rio Vista from vallejo that is ready to fly and put some time pn then back to vallejo. He has a very tight place to fly from. Local building i would think later this year or early next. Several others on the area including a DE.  Not sure how hes doing. Another in oroville should be flying later this summer.  I was full leaving oakdale. Put in 3.2 in rio vista. Have not filled up yet afte flight but should be about 3.0
Les Homan

Offline rockiedog2

• 2014 Donor
  • Joe Spencer
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 29.0 Firefox 29.0
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 06:14:02 PM »
man i like that country. landing spots everywhere. yall got many snakes out there? the delta here is wrapped up with cottonmouths. you have to hike out of rice field country one's liable to get you...that's a bigger threat than the forced landing.
you and Buchanan got the professional vids. the music makes all the diff. i don't know squat about music. much less how to put it on a vid.
Spencer

Ole Miss just won the regional.

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 35.0.1916.114 Chrome 35.0.1916.114
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 06:58:19 PM »
I don't know anything about music either except the video program i am using has some music and it will add it automatically to the video.  There are several songs but none i like except for the country track, it ain't bad but gotta figure how to get more choices.  There is not a snake problem i am aware of, just those cursed power lines that cross the delta and have a way to sneak up on you, it is not so bad in the eagle.  Most of the country i was flying over in the video was hay crops so landing in an emergency would be easy and they land the crop dusters everywhere.
Les Homan

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal