How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Closing a chapter  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Sam Buchanan

Closing a chapter
« on: December 04, 2014, 03:06:29 PM »
Eagle XL-58 flew to its new home today on a gorgeous, warm, December afternoon. It was really strange hearing the 1/2 VW and seeing the plane for the first time from the ground as it turned toward 3M5. Moontown is the perfect airport for the Eagle, 2600' of grass surrounded by the most eclectic assortment of aircraft in the area. The new owner texted that the flight was great and everyone at the airport is fascinated with the plane.

But we knew they would be, didn't we.  :)

The past four summers have been a great experience winging through the evening skies as I came to appreciate the little plane. We have proclaimed the Eagles' goodness in magazine print, websites, a webinar and word of mouth. Thanks to all who have shared the ride and I sincerely wish for you the very best as you pursue your projects. Never hesitate to let me know if I can assist you in any way.

I must express a special thanks to Leonard for the vision he shared with us. I can only hope I have as much energy, enthusiasm and influence as he when I enter my golden years. Leonard, you did good.  :)

Offline Jerry Carter

• 2014 Donor
  • XL builder
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 8.0 Safari 8.0
  • Eagle Type: XL
Re: Closing a chapter
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »
Thanks, Sam for sharing your building and flying experiences with us. I'll be watching your website for a link to the new build.

Offline MrG

• Builder - Pilot
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 39.0.2171.71 Chrome 39.0.2171.71
  • Eagle Type: DE E-77
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 11:23:42 PM »
You awesome website def. tipped me in the build process to building one 
Thanks Sam for all your imput
MrG
Temora Airport  Australia
1st Aussie DE built/flown
19-8866
-----------------------------
1 Oct 2015 First Flight
Feb 2019 - 155 hrs Flown
March 4th removed from service for Cabin Mods

Offline Murray Randall

• 2015 Donor
  • Murray
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
  • Eagle Type: Cabin mod XL
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 05:55:41 PM »
So many many thanks Sam for your great web site and generous advice over the years.  You certainly have been a major asset to the Eaglers and a wonderful help to me.  Thank you very much!!!    I hope your site will still be available and that you won't mind an Eagle question or two in the future.     Go get em Sam!    Murray Randall
Cabin Mod to XL

Offline Jlwright

• 2015 Donor
  • Building XL-D-25
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 33.0 Firefox 33.0
    • Jim's airplanes
  • Eagle Type: XL-D-25
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 01:50:55 PM »
Just wanted you to know I went into a deep funk depression when I saw you had your Eagle for sale. I have no idea why but I lost all interest in building for a couple of days. I'm back and over it.:) Thanks for your help and everything you do for this group. I'm like everyone else and can't wait to see what your next project will be.
It's a brutal struggle for the biscuit!
Building XL-D-25 Fuselage 90% done.   ribs done, spars 90% done.

Offline Sam Buchanan

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »
Just wanted you to know I went into a deep funk depression when I saw you had your Eagle for sale. I have no idea why but I lost all interest in building for a couple of days. I'm back and over it.:) Thanks for your help and everything you do for this group. I'm like everyone else and can't wait to see what your next project will be.
Wow, Jim, I certainly didn't want to discourage anyone. Glad you are on the road to a speedy recovery.  :)

Keep plugging away at it, you will really enjoy flying your little plane. XL-58 taught me a lot about welding and the fun of low-n-slow.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal