How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Youtube video Stalls in Legal Eagle XL from Chase Cam view  (Read 5116 times)

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 35.0 Firefox 35.0
  • Eagle Type: LEU and LEXL
Youtube video Stalls in Legal Eagle XL from Chase Cam view
« on: February 14, 2015, 08:58:33 PM »
Finally things come together and today i was able to get some video of stalls using the end of wing mounted Chase Cam.  In that this was the first time doing stalls with chase cam i was not real agressive, although with the Legal Eagle ultralights they are not met to get agressive with.  Next time will get more into stalls in turns and at full power.  Most of these stall were using between 1,800 and 2,400 rpm and I did not use the text book, go to full power and climb approach. As the stall is approached the machine begins to buffet, ever so slightly but it shows up big time in chase cam.  If you hold the stick back after it breaks it seems to flatten out somewhat and just mushes downward slowly.  Gentle stalls in a turn seems to almost flatten out as the stall is reached and it is just a normal stall then.   Rudder seems to hold the wings level and picks them up very nicely, did not take a lot.  I did not see what happens using aileron to hold the wings up.

Les Homan

Offline Bob S.

• 2016 Donor
  • ! FLYING !
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.111 Chrome 40.0.2214.111
  • Eagle Type: LE #64H
Re: Youtube video Stalls in Legal Eagle XL from Chase Cam view
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 09:50:50 PM »
Excellent Video, Les!!
How HIGH were you flying (AGL)??
I would have a NOSE bleed, it looks like to me!!
Bob Severance
LE Plans #64H
E038RS

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 8.0 Safari 8.0
  • Eagle Type: LEU and LEXL
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 08:59:22 AM »
Altitude was 1500 agl.  I wanted to be able to play for a while without need to climb back up.  I thought about taking the oxygen tank and mask but decided to just tuff it out
Les Homan

Offline PropMan

• 2019 Donor
  • XL B2
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.111 Chrome 40.0.2214.111
    • Performance Propellers USA
  • Eagle Type: LE XL
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 12:10:33 PM »
Great work Les. I sure enjoy when folks post vids.
Frank

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal