How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Hugh XL  (Read 3178 times)

Offline s johnson

• Beta testers
  • Scott - aka Slug Musher
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
  • Eagle Type: Standard L/E
Hugh XL
« on: May 05, 2015, 10:42:48 PM »
Just stirring the pot here.

Man I see a Genipod generator from Jim but see a Prince prop and not a Frank Johnson Performance prop...... Thought you Texas Boys  banded together.

Just kidding. Looking good.

Scott J.
Oshkosh

Offline Hugh Sistrunk

• Black Hut Ops
  • Beta testers
  • NightEagle
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 37.0 Firefox 37.0
  • Eagle Type: XL
Re: Hugh XL
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 10:54:25 PM »
Yep, the GeniPod fit right in there real nice - I bought that Prince off Joe S. about 3 years ago and put it on to start with... It may be a bit under propped for the motor... will know more after some more runs..  I am fighting a spitting carb right now, darn thing was dripping at idle and runup, adjusted the floats... took care of the idle dripping, but when I taxi it, it starts spitting again, go back to the hangar and it stops before I know it... float needle looks good, but may have to look at a replacement just to take that off the list.  Engine is running great, so just can't put my finger on the problem.  Frank may get an order sooner or later from me any way.  That would be the way I would go if I have to have another prop for sure..

Offline s johnson

• Beta testers
  • Scott - aka Slug Musher
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
  • Eagle Type: Standard L/E
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 11:10:01 PM »
Hugh

What set up do you have engine wise. The big Casler 45 horse or the 37 hp?

I had a spitting carb with my Engleman engine and I changed something in the carb but can't quite remember what it was. Cinco demayo   might have something to do with it.  It did fix the problem though. When I think of it I'll repost.

Scott

Offline Hugh Sistrunk

• Black Hut Ops
  • Beta testers
  • NightEagle
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 37.0 Firefox 37.0
  • Eagle Type: XL
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 07:50:42 AM »
I do not have the Casler 45 - I am running a motor I built with 94mm cyl and 69mm stock crank, so around 37 or so hp... Yeah, when the fog of Cinco Oh MyOh wears off and you remember what you changed out let me know.  We will hit on it sooner or later :-)

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal