How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Kudos  (Read 8191 times)

Offline DaleTX

Kudos
« on: December 10, 2013, 08:20:24 PM »
It looks like everything is working OK. I have received notifications of new threads, where requested, and will know when I post this message if the avatar shows up. I really prefer this format over the YAYHOO NEO.
Now I can go back to building.

Dale

Offline rockiedog2

Re: Kudos
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 08:12:43 AM »
I'm a computer dumba** and with a few minor exceptions have been able to figure out whatever I wanted to know no problem. I developed a routine that works for me early on...

Offline KJM Ford

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 04:40:09 PM »
I agree with the Kudos.  This looks to be a vast improvement over the yahoo offerings.
Your hard work is much appreciated!
-Kerry

Offline aeroplain2003

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 06:47:43 PM »
Really happy with this style of forum. Actual threads to follow in one place! Well done Gents.:)

Kent
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Offline Jerry Carter

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 06:02:49 AM »
Yes, this is great! The best thing is you don't have to filter through stuff that is of lesser interest to you. The yahoo emails were so hard to search for what you wanted to find.  I think you will see more participation from people who have been lurking in the background.

Offline DaleTX

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 06:32:32 AM »
KEWL. I think that is the neo spelling of COOL. Much better than yayhooo.

Offline aeroplain2003

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 06:36:03 PM »
It's not hanging on to some of the uploaded Avatars. Don't know the reason?

Offline aeroplain2003

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 08:10:18 AM »
I've done this many times. When I return the next day it's gone.

Offline Dan_

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 09:11:13 AM »
There is a possibility that it is being rejected due to a setting we have to do extensive security checks on avatars.  If the software finds it curious, it tries to re-encode it.  I am told this may result in animated gifs becoming static...

Send the file to me at dan four two one oh one at yawn who dot com and I will install it on the back end.  Also see the post about uploading it.  I left out one mouse click to the "change profile" button necessary to complete the upload.

I just logged out as admin, logged back in as a regular member and uploaded a normal (static) .gif to see if that file type was being accepted.  It is a pic of a 255 pilot inside the xl up on a sawhorse to check the CG...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

Offline aeroplain2003

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 04:37:12 PM »
Logged out, then back in and it stayed. I had the "extra" change figured out myself, just figured it to be software bugs as to why it wouldn't stay. If you can see my avatar you might see why the software would see it as "Marginal aviation" :D

Offline aeroplain2003

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 05:48:01 PM »
Well done Dan, Avatars are staying!!

Offline s johnson

• Beta testers
  • Scott - aka Slug Musher
  • Eagle Type: Standard L/E
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 06:59:26 PM »
I agree, This is a much better site than the yahoo site. I'm still looking around but gaining ground.

Scott J.
The Slug Musher

Offline docmatt

• doc matt
  • 2015 Donor
  • DE E-04 under construction
  • Eagle Type: DE
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 07:26:22 PM »
I hope with the new forum, the usual suspects will continue seeing most of the posts.  I worry that if I post a question in the DE section, it may not be seen by one of the smart single seat builders.  Other than that I like the new forum much better.
doc matt
DE E-04 under construction
Mineral Point, WI

Offline Dan_

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »

If members would get in the habit of hitting the "show unread posts" link,  I think you will be in good shape.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

Offline okdonn

• Don in Oklahoma - DE Plans B-40, CE-02
  • Eagle Type: CE
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 09:04:47 PM »
Yup, been using that since someone pointed it out, and it does help a lot, however it takes you to the top of the thread, you still have to figure out where you left off to read the new stuff. The contributions are worth the effort, but it's still more hassle than having all the posts arrive in my filtered email box. OK, I'll stop complaining now and go back to lurking and learning.
Don in Okla.  DE Plans B-40 (small), CE plans CE-02 (all weather),  Tailwind project #746 (medium),  C182A (large)
One size does NOT fit all!

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal