How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Mark_T

• Digger
  • Mac OS X 10.10.5 Mac OS X 10.10.5
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 48.0.2564.82 Chrome 48.0.2564.82
  • Eagle Type: LE or LE XL
New Member Introduction
« on: January 22, 2016, 08:04:42 PM »
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Mark.  I currently reside in central Illinois and am a long time want to be pilot and plane owner.  20+ years ago I took enough lessons to solo and then young family demands resulted in my stopping.  I have decided to take up the flying again as well as build a plane to defer the cost of flying after I obtain my certificate.  I did get about half of a Corvair powered Pietenpol built back in the day, but sold that to make room for the "family truckster" in the garage. The truckster is gone, the kids are out of the house and I have some space, so I thought I would start a project before the wife fills up the space!

I have been looking at many different craft and believe the LE may just fit the bill.  I have been waiting on the betterhalfvw site to come back online so that I can purchase a set of plans or find Leonards address so I can send him a check. 

I am looking forward to the fun of building.  I have skills in mechanical and electrical work and I good at CAD work as well.  I thought I would offer up assistance in that area if someone asks.  Mainly, I am here to learn from what appears to be an active and well educated group.  I hope to learn and maybe even give some good advice a some point. 

Mark  aka "Digger"

Offline Dan_

• Staff
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 47.0.2526.73 Chrome 47.0.2526.73
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle
Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 08:19:04 PM »
Welcome aboard Mark.

If  Leonard does not reply himself...  

Try this number: 281-375-5453

The address is: Leonard Milholland, P. O. Box  747, Brookshire Tx, 77423

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal