How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Northern California Legal Eagle Gathering  (Read 28268 times)

Offline leshoman

Northern California Legal Eagle Gathering
« on: January 07, 2014, 11:54:51 AM »
Want to know if there is any interest in a gathering of Eagles in Northern California, Flyers, Builders, interested to look at and discuss Leonard's wonderful little design.  We are getting several flying, many under construction seems like a good time to build up some enthusiasm and share ideas.
Les Homan

Offline Dan_

Re: Northern California Legal Eagle Gathering
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 12:18:05 PM »
Les,
Do you know Tim Floyd..?  I think he is based at Holister.   Steve will know how to contact him.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

Offline leshoman

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »
I know Tim have not called him yet but intent to and also plan on another cross country to Hollister to meet up with Tim and hopefully fly together.
Les Homan

Offline Dan_

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 01:27:48 PM »
Cool,  Tim built very nice anodized wheel hubs and a stainless steel muffler for his...  Hope you get some video, I sure would like to hear it.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 01:47:40 PM »

I know Tim have not called him yet but intent to and also plan on another cross country to Hollister to meet up with Tim and hopefully fly together.

Hey, Tim Floyd is a guy with many skills: Tim Floyd Music Bio...

I'll get up there for any gathering of Eagles - Here's a pic from one of my visits with Tim & a sidekick ( a second later the sidekick was sitting on my right arm):

Offline leshoman

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 03:15:01 PM »
Talked to Tim briefly, sounds like he would be interested.  This should be fun.
Les Homan

Offline riorex2002

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 08:21:21 AM »
Les.
     Sounds like a great idea,there seems to be quite a number of builders coming out of the woodwork in this area,thanks to your inputs.We have a local EAA chapter here at Rio Vista,you don't have to be an EAA member.Mabe this could be a starting point to organize a sub group.A group has so many advantages to it .A sharing of  info,,the joining of material ordering,to name just a couple.Your obvious previous experience is just what is needed.I would be all for it.Rex
Rio vista

Offline gerrynolan

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 08:38:35 AM »
Rio Vista pilots meet every 2d Saturday, at 10:30 AM, at the Rio Vista airport. FREE COFFEE. Les flew in this past week and we had a great interaction. We found 4 other LE builds in the Lodi, Vallejo and Delta area. If any assistance or coordination is needed please contact myself or Rex Avery at www.flyriovista.org. Thanks.

Offline leshoman

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 09:06:53 AM »
Works for me.  Anything I can to to help others with the Legal Eagle and hope to have  many Eagles here in Northern California to fly with.
Les Homan

Offline gerrynolan

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 09:50:29 AM »
And we have free gas!!  Of course the LE does burn very little. This could be a great event. Are you aware of a LE kit in the Delta area? A gentlemen by the name Bob Hall.

Offline leshoman

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 10:05:59 AM »
Does he live on Bradford Island?  I do not know him but there is a Legal Eagle Builder/flyer Burt
that lives in Palo Alto and works in Vallejo that has told me about him.
Les Homan

Offline gerrynolan

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 03:03:31 PM »
Yes. That is who Burt also told me about. Boith Rex and I would like to contact him.

Offline CHARLES DEBOER

• Pteradactyle
  • FLYING
  • Eagle Type: XL #A67
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 09:01:42 PM »
Could a So. Cal. Builder join the action with you Northern boys?  Maybe Steve, Keith, and Reink could join in too.  Set a time and place and let us know if we are invited.

Offline leshoman

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 03:23:06 PM »
We will invite all eagle builders, flyers, interested people and wanta bees.  There is a lot of interest so lets help
The seed grow
Les Homan

Offline rfphtmfxr

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 06:35:07 PM »
I live in Nevada, so north cal is an easy Harley ride for me.  Will plan on attending when location and dates are posted.
Rick

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal