How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Northern California Legal Eagle Gathering  (Read 28272 times)

Offline gerrynolan

Re: Northern California Legal Eagle Gathering
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 11:20:41 AM »
Saturday, March 8, 2014, your invited, FREE ADMISSION; FREE COFFEE; Rio Vista Airport/O88, California...please help spread the word. Thanks.

Offline leshoman

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 02:22:01 PM »
Jerry.   What you planning on doing. I am still working on setting up the northern CA eagle gathering.  It will most likely be after Oskosh and still working on locations.  Rio Vista, Oakdale, Oroville are high on location list but have several other places to investigate before we start getting serious. Have about 20 parties interested in one way or the other.   I am already scheduled for March or would fly to Rio Vista.  Let me know if i can answer questions or if you want to view eagle being restored or flown
Les Homan

Offline gerrynolan

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 03:02:57 PM »
Les,

Thanks for the reply. Rich and Rex both will be here that day. If you could fly in it would be great. Looking for any and all suggestions. Certain we could get Burt and the other Delta area builder.

Offline leshoman

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 03:37:16 PM »
Jerry.  I would love to be there but unless something changes will no be able to make it.  For the  NCA gathering we need to an out several months to allow time to contact people off the
 Lists, EAA chapters and minimize conflicts with other events.  I have comunicated with people that would fly i. Drive in , haul in acd be here on bikes. Sounds like a fIr amount of interset. We are going to have to have a exible airport environment that will allow trailers on and let us assemble and fly. A small private strip in the valley would be ideal.  Still researching
Les Homan

Offline riorex2002

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 08:09:08 AM »
Les,if you could get a private strip ,that would be more than perfect,its just what we need..I would even take time off from building to attend.I can see the nucleolus of a great Eagles Nest.
Rex
Rio vista

Offline John Harmon

• Building XL and 1/2 VW
    • My Builders BLOG
  • Eagle Type: Eagle XL
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 10:21:35 AM »
Is this on for 3/8/2014? I would attend if my buddy can make it. Oh yeah, I need to ask the wife. She's usually compliant with most of my requests, but I still have to put on the show that she is in charge. 

John Harmon
John Harmon
XL-D-06

Offline leshoman

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 12:57:18 PM »
They are having a gathering, several legal eagle builders. All are welcome but it is not the northern california eagle gathering.  If you have time on march 8 th sure you could learn a lot and enjoy
Les Homan

Offline John Harmon

• Building XL and 1/2 VW
    • My Builders BLOG
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2014, 02:06:51 PM »
So this is an informal meet up? The official one hasn't been set?
John Harmon
XL-D-06

Offline riorex2002

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 07:27:31 AM »
John
No this is only the general airport pilots and EAA meeting.We take this opportunity to have a chat.
Les is the organizer of the Eagles group and is working on it to get us all together,We are spread out
quite a bit,so he has his work cut out.When he gets it going it will be a great time to all get together
and meet.When Les gets a date,make sure you keep that day open.
Rex
Rio vista

Offline John Harmon

• Building XL and 1/2 VW
    • My Builders BLOG
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 10:09:23 AM »
Ok thanks.
John Harmon
XL-D-06

Offline Richfroh

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 08:39:40 PM »
I'm definitely interested! Just let us know when and where when that is all figured out. Until then, I'll keep working on my Double Eagle wings.
Rich Frohmiller

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 35.0.1916.114 Chrome 35.0.1916.114
  • Eagle Type: LEU and LEXL
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »
We have news.  The Northern California Eagle Gathering will take place at Rio Vista (088) the weekend of September 27th and 28th.  We will plan on arriving on Friday September the 26th, with Saturday the 27 the main day with flight demonstrations, story telling, exchange of ideas etc.  I will up date with some other things to do but what we are striving for is to cover from those with early interest, building and flying all Legal Eagles including the LEU, LEXL and the DE.  If things work out intend to have some hands on eagle stuff to do including rib building, fabric covering and maybe some welding demonstrations, everything to do with Eagles.  Bring your project, bring your Eagle parts and share with the group.  If you have a flying eagle this is a great place to fly, winds are generally down in late September and the temperatures are warm but should not be real hot.  Lots of things to see from the air.
Les Homan

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Browser:
Northern California Legal Eagle Gathering
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 02:54:14 PM »
Gathering of eagle builders, flyers and wantabees, at Rio Vista California Airport (088)
Les Homan

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Browser:
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 04:28:46 PM »
This had a lot more writing but it disappeared.  Date Friday September the 26, Saturday the 27 and Sunday the 28th.  Saturday is the big day.  
Les Homan

Offline leshoman

• Beta testers
  • Les Homan
  • Browser:
Northern California Legal Eagle Gathering
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 04:31:10 PM »
Eagle Gathering at Rio Vista airport, (088), All interested in Eagles, thinking about, building, flying.
Les Homan

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal