How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Elevator connector is too long on my XL  (Read 3694 times)

Offline CHARLES DEBOER

• Pteradactyle
  • FLYING
  • Eagle Type: XL #A67
Elevator connector is too long on my XL
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:18:41 PM »
On page 19 of my XL plan sheets the elevator connector is shown as being 4 1/2 inches long.  The horizontal stab connectors are only 4 inches long.  When I assemble the tail feathers elevators aren't even with the with the H. stabs.  I can't get my head around this one. What did I do wrong?  Any help out there?

Offline Sam Buchanan

Re: Elevator connector is too long on my XL
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:20:49 AM »
On page 19 of my XL plan sheets the elevator connector is shown as being 4 1/2 inches long.  The horizontal stab connectors are only 4 inches long.  When I assemble the tail feathers elevators aren't even with the with the H. stabs.  I can't get my head around this one. What did I do wrong?  Any help out there?
Charles, this is another case of "build to fit".  :)

Either trim the elevators or the attachment (or both) to make everything line up, should only need ~1/4" from each side.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal