How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Making Changes to Gallery Images  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Hugh Sistrunk

• Black Hut Ops
  • Beta testers
  • NightEagle
  • Eagle Type: XL
Making Changes to Gallery Images
« on: March 02, 2014, 08:32:30 PM »
Admin,
I am having trouble making changes to myGallery Icon image - is the site under work or is it me?

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
Re: Making Changes to Gallery Images
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 09:41:35 PM »
Admin,
I am having trouble making changes to myGallery Icon image - is the site under work or is it me?

The Gallery Directory "Avatar" is always the same as your Forum Avatar (accessed by clicking the Tool bar tab Profile and then Forum Profile)... Categories you setup in your Gallery can have different Avatars - there is an example of that in my Gallery... I have an Avatar Category in my Gallery because it was convenient when I was tinkering around at Forum installation time...

Offline Hugh Sistrunk

• Black Hut Ops
  • Beta testers
  • NightEagle
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:00:07 PM »
I have the 'NightEagle Gallery' set up with a different pic from the Forum Avatar now, I was just trying to replace it.  seemed pretty simple, but when I go in to the NE Gallery to do that, the new pic will not load or replace the old pic... I can remove the current gallery avatar, but not able to upload the new pic file, it is smaller in size than the current one there, so size should not be a problem.

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 11:35:39 PM »
I have the 'NightEagle Gallery' set up with a different pic from the Forum Avatar now, I was just trying to replace it.  seemed pretty simple, but when I go in to the NE Gallery to do that, the new pic will not load or replace the old pic... I can remove the current gallery avatar, but not able to upload the new pic file, it is smaller in size than the current one there, so size should not be a problem.

Offline Hugh Sistrunk

• Black Hut Ops
  • Beta testers
  • NightEagle
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 11:23:40 AM »
Yeah, got it changed out a little after midnight last night - had to convert the image to .png to get it to upload.... the old one was a .jpg  - not sure what the deal was, but more than one way to skin a cat.....

thanks for the replies

Hugh

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 07:22:19 PM »
Yeah, got it changed out a little after midnight last night - had to convert the image to .png to get it to upload.... the old one was a .jpg  - not sure what the deal was, but more than one way to skin a bat.....

thanks for the replies

Hugh

When I changed the Avatar on my Gallery Avatar Category last night, I just uploaded a full size .jpg photo and let the Gallery software take care of the Avatar sizing and conversion to the .png format - kinda automatic and Dan now has the Forum Directory Avatar process working the same way when I sampled it recently... Just try an ordinary .jpg screen filling size photo the next time you go at it - should be a piece of cake...
Steve

Offline Hugh Sistrunk

• Black Hut Ops
  • Beta testers
  • NightEagle
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 07:30:11 PM »
WILCO

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal