How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: xl weight and balance.  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Bob Wood

• XL completed 2015
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 28.0 Firefox 28.0
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle XL
xl weight and balance.
« on: May 08, 2014, 12:18:54 PM »
Starting to lay out the balancing measurements and looking at the plans for empty and loaded CG.  So when you go thru all this do you want to end up with a CG value between the empty and loaded cg someplace?  Is there an upper and lower limit on this? I was always taught to never be tail heavy, and a little nose heavy is ok.

Leonard has a cg for empty and another for loaded, we are never going to hit those exactly, so is there a plus or minus tolerance for each configuration??

Thanks,
Bob

Offline Leonard

• The Boss
  • Designer
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 29.0 Firefox 29.0
    • Better Half VW
Re: xl weight and balance.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:09:29 PM »
Hi,
 About the C of G start with 25% and fine tune from there. At 25% you will have  good control and can decide what adjustments you need.   Leonard

Offline Bob Wood

• XL completed 2015
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 28.0 Firefox 28.0
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle XL
Re: xl weight and balance.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:21:02 AM »
Thanks Leonard, so if I am between the first 25% of the chord and what you have in the plans I am good? 
Thanks,
Bob

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal