How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: STICK DETAILS MEASUREMENTS  (Read 4716 times)

Offline Rich Snyder

• Mac OS X 10.9.3 Mac OS X 10.9.3
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0.4 Safari 7.0.4
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle XL
STICK DETAILS MEASUREMENTS
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:04:43 PM »
On page 16 of the XL plans; What is the measurement for the distance that the control stick is bolted through the horizontal control tube. What is the distance that the 1" pulley is mounted from the rear of the same tube and how about a little help with the placement of the 3/16" bolts through the split 5/8" square tubing. Will these measurements make a difference in the amount of elevator travel? Thanks guys...Rich.

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 29.0 Firefox 29.0
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
Re: STICK DETAILS MEASUREMENTS
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 09:30:19 PM »
On page 16 of the XL plans; What is the measurement for the distance that the control stick is bolted through the horizontal control tube. What is the distance that the 1" pulley is mounted from the rear of the same tube and how about a little help with the placement of the 3/16" bolts through the split 5/8" square tubing. Will these measurements make a difference in the amount of elevator travel? Thanks guys...Rich.

Description: Rich:
I'm going to post a Photo that was included with my plan set over on your inquiry... The reason Sam has not answered on this is he customized with a torque tube elevator assy...

The proto-type XL photo shows the stick centered (as built) fore & aft between the seat bottom tube and sta 2 - Leonard says that the empennage controls should rigged so that movement clears other surfaces and ground... The critical surface travel is 45 degrees up elevator (aft stick movement)... On the LE I shortened the stick so my hand would not jam into the sta 2 instrument panel cross-tube...
Steve

Offline Rich Snyder

• Mac OS X 10.9.3 Mac OS X 10.9.3
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0.4 Safari 7.0.4
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle XL
Re: STICK DETAILS MEASUREMENTS
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 05:19:40 PM »
Thanks Steve- I looked at the plans and read the instructions  so many times I was going cross-eyed. Never thought of looking at the pictures. Half way makes sense. Rich.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal