How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: DE rib truss location  (Read 4615 times)

Offline John Reinking

• Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Safari 5.1.7 Safari 5.1.7
  • Eagle Type: DE-E-72
DE rib truss location
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:22:11 PM »
Re the rib truss stick that is attached to the spar:   Does the dashed line labled "Double Eagle" replace the LE stick or is it simply gluled to the back of the stick?   Not meant to sound dumb as this is the only hangup I've had so far.   'Preciate any help.
Retired US Postal Service 6 years, Sport Pilot (Aeronca 1946), first time builder and enjoying every bit of it (well, there are those gussets).   married (49 years), have had the flying bug forever.       reinkings@comcast.net

Offline rfeenstra

• 2017 Donor
  • CabinBuilder
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 35.0.1916.114 Chrome 35.0.1916.114
  • Eagle Type: DE w/Cabin Mod
Re: DE rib truss location
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 04:40:39 AM »
My plans don't seem to have what you're talking about. what page of the plans?

Rob

Offline Sam Buchanan

Re: DE rib truss location
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 05:00:58 AM »
Re the rib truss stick that is attached to the spar:   Does the dashed line labled "Double Eagle" replace the LE stick or is it simply gluled to the back of the stick?   Not meant to sound dumb as this is the only hangup I've had so far.   'Preciate any help.
John, apparently this is something that only appears on the full-size drawing, it isn't on either of my XL or DE plans.

Here is how you can resolve this--get the measurements of the DE spar where it interfaces with the rib. The rib face needs to match that dimension. I suspect you will find the dashed line to the be correct dimension because the DE spar uses larger capstrips than the smaller planes. But in either case just build your ribs so they will fit the spar properly.

Enjoy your new adventure, you have begun a very rewarding journey!

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal