How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Tri Eagle progress 11/5/2013  (Read 4326 times)

Offline bill utt

• Beta testers
  • flown 7-5-14
  • Eagle Type: Modified DE
Tri Eagle progress 11/5/2013
« on: November 06, 2013, 04:26:31 AM »
yesterday I set out at 7;30 in the morning, making the 115 mile ride to start taking care of the details that need completed before the inspection. Did not particularly enjoy the ride but once there and working, was good. The punch list is about thirty small items,not bad, just time consuming. One of them though is, I missed my guess on the gear strut springs. So, removed them and now are back at the home shop to redo. The back up ignition system that I have been developing is working very well and hope to start making it available in the early to middle part of next year. It is a solid state "add on" that will work with any auto distributor,with no mods to the dist.. Looks as though it will also work on the Jab's that have trouble starting in cold climates due to slow cranking.
That's all for now,
Bill
"Any time spent off this planet, is time well invested"

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
Re: Tri Eagle progress 11/5/2013
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 11:09:52 AM »
Any air under the tires yet, Bill?

Offline bill utt

• Beta testers
  • flown 7-5-14
  • Eagle Type: Modified DE
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »
No Steve,being real careful about letting it lift off. Exciting though, this thing gets light real quick once the rpm's hit 3100+
Over Thanksgiving taxied down and back, about 6000 ft" worth of rolling. No such thing as a fast taxi with this thing having minimum fuel and
my butt in it.
I need to reprogram myself and get over here to this site more. Still trying to learn how to move around here.
You guys are great.
Bill
"Any time spent off this planet, is time well invested"

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 04:14:48 PM »
Have somebody ready to make the "air under tires" Avatar

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal