How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Interested in building a LEXL, attending Oshkosh  (Read 2981 times)

Offline Kevbo

• Noob
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 36.0.1985.125 Chrome 36.0.1985.125
Interested in building a LEXL, attending Oshkosh
« on: July 22, 2014, 02:00:50 PM »
Hello everyone,

I've been kicking around the idea of building a Legal Eagle XL for some time now. I'm working on my PPL and I have several certificated aircraft I can fly since I am a member of a flying club. I thought it would be interesting to build an ultralight just because it seems like such a generally hassle-free (and fun) way to fly and a great way to hone stick-and-rudder skills. It will also let me develop some builder skills that are useful, such as welding, wood, fabric, etc. And for some reason these little planes keep drawing me back to them. :-)

I am going to be up in Oshkosh and would like to come around the ultralight area and check out some Legal Eagles. I just thought I'd introduce myself to the community and see who might be around at Oshkosh.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting some of you!

Regards,

Kevin Griffis

Offline CHARLES DEBOER

• Pteradactyle
  • FLYING
  • Mac OS X 10.7.5 Mac OS X 10.7.5
  • Browser:
  • Safari 6.1.5 Safari 6.1.5
  • Eagle Type: XL #A67
Re: Interested in building a LEXL, attending Oshkosh
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 06:35:54 PM »
For a list of people attending Oshkosh go click on the Forum tab above. The second subject listed there is a list of 2014 Air Venture  attendees.

Offline Kevbo

• Noob
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 36.0.1985.125 Chrome 36.0.1985.125
Re: Interested in building a LEXL, attending Oshkosh
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 12:29:16 PM »
Charles,

Thanks for the reply. I've added my name to the list.

Regards,

Kevin

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal