How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Difficult posting  (Read 8113 times)

Offline Dan_

• Staff
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 30.0 Firefox 30.0
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle
Re: Difficult posting
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 07:14:22 PM »
Wasn't trying to stir things up especially if we're stuck with this software. When preview doesn't preview,  it seems to me, maybe there is a problem.  When only a few members post,  maybe we have a problem. When it's difficult to participate in a forum that relys on participation, maybe we have a problem. Are these problems related?
 Maybe?

Jim

Jim,
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you are using a Mac.    I did a google search on browser problems with Simple Machines Forums and Macs running Safari got some hits.   His quote is below...

Update:

I upgraded from MAC OS X Leopard to Snow Leopard and the Safari issue went away which means 10.5.8 Safari shows this strange behavior but 10.6.3 and 10.6.8 do NOT.

Case closed.

Does any of this ring any bells for you..?  Get the latest Mac stuff and give it a whirl.  

I have absolutely no experience with Macs at all.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

Offline Sparetime

• 2014 Donor
  • Noob
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 5.1 Safari 5.1
  • Eagle Type: Xl c-28
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 08:36:42 AM »
Dan,
 Yes, I am using an iPad which utilizes safari as its browser. I suspect this is where the problem is too.

Thanks
Jim

Offline rockiedog2

• 2014 Donor
  • Joe Spencer
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 30.0 Firefox 30.0
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 09:45:54 AM »
>>>You get the toothpick vid put together and I guarantee you we can get it posted!  

you guys would just love that wouldn't you...yeah i have to agree Utt's wreck was nothing compared to standing it on the nose in front of 3000 people laughing their assoff. the other bad thing was they couldn't get it down and the runway was closed; all those guys circling and running outa gas...and i'm in there hanging in the straps lookin at the grass, listening to all those ya-hoos hanging on the fence cracking up.

well go ahead and post it and yall have your fun...i'm unembarrassable any more.

Offline Kenny

• plans: LE, LEXL, DE
  • Mac OS X 10.9.4 Mac OS X 10.9.4
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 36.0.1985.125 Chrome 36.0.1985.125
  • Eagle Type: LE, LEXL, DE
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »
Jim,
My wife and daughter use iPads and both said to download and use google Chrome.  They say that Safari is only good for downloading chrome.

Kenny in Florida
Kenny in Florida

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal