How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: LE Oshkosh location  (Read 3299 times)

Offline JDS

LE Oshkosh location
« on: July 23, 2014, 11:40:18 AM »
I'm finally attending Oshkosh this year, a first for me.  My son and I will be there Wed. through Sat. and want to spend most of our time looking at Eagles that might be there.  Where will the Legal Eagle representatives be located at?  The scale of Oshkosh appears daunting but I'm in the midst of building my own XL but I've never actually seen one in person.  I'm bringing my camera and notebook so I can take lots of pictures.  Thanks.

Offline Chris Kleman

• Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 26.0 Firefox 26.0
    • Airplanes at Home
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle
Re: LE Oshkosh location
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 06:44:37 PM »
The Legal Eagle aircraft will all be gathered at the Ultralight area on the south end of the grounds.  Hands down, the ultralight area is one of the most enjoyable areas of the grounds, especially during the scheduled flight times.  You can usually find Leonard and a handful of builders camped out under one of the Legal Eagle/XL wings.   Also, if you haven't already heard/read, Leonard is holding a forum at 1:00pm on Wednesday in the Ultralight Forums Tent located next door to the Ultralight barn.  Glad you can make it, you'll have a blast, and I hope to see you there!

Chris
Christopher Kleman
Plans building Legal Eagle & Mustang-II
http://www.airplanesathome.com

Offline Tom H

• Beta testers
  • Built/flew LEU, built/flying DE
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 30.0 Firefox 30.0
  • Eagle Type: DE, LEU
Re: LE Oshkosh location
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 06:24:04 AM »
First, the ultralight area is now called the "Fun Fly Zone" by EAA.   Almost makes be vomit.  What was wrong with "down on the farm"?  It's a disrespect to all the veterans of the movement who made it what it is.

Next, when you walk up to that Eagle with several stretched out comfortably underneath, introduce yourself, speak up.  Most eaglers are not shy, but some may be sun-stroked, or just catching up on some sleep.

See you all there.
Tom H
Stubby, a BDE
Treehugger, LEU

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal