How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: AirVenture 2014  (Read 3717 times)

Offline s johnson

• Beta testers
  • Scott - aka Slug Musher
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
  • Eagle Type: Standard L/E
AirVenture 2014
« on: August 04, 2014, 11:20:45 AM »
I just up loaded several new pictures to the Sjohnson Gallery.
Les Homan was a Rock Star this year. He had the folks from go-pro load up his bird with more fancy cameras than Spencer had rockets and missiles hanging under his wing over in Nam.  Les has a great system than he can teardown and load up by him self. Nice set up with his trailer that has a overhead boom/chain system for hoisting and lowering.
The weather channel 10 day forecast only showed one day of bad weather. Wrong as usual. We had lots of wind/rain, thunder storms. Even some hail. A builders worst nightmare. No damage to either of our planes or anyone else that I'm aware of.  The camp grounds and parking lots were muddy as usual as well. No competitions   like Spencer had a few years back when they were betting he'd never make it in or out with out getting stuck up to the axle. You were really missed this year. Quite a few trailers and cars got stuck in the Oshkosh Quicksand this time around though. There were a few minor issues with some flyers as far ass engine out/landing in the corn but no damage to plane or pilot. Think it was an older quicksilver. Also saw a guy in a helicopter that I thought was showing off doing some wild spins during a high speed pass then saw pieces of his tail rotor come off and was really out of control. Luck or skill which ever it was, he landed right side up pretty hard . He was unharmed as far as I know.  Luck or skill, or a combo of both. He got out and was walking around.
Like Tom H. said, got to see a lot of old faces as well as meet a LOT of new friends. What a Great group of people. 
I have some video to post but can't find a way to move them from my camera to my computer to up load to the group. I'll get one of my daughters to show me how to use my smart phone ...... :-)

Scott
The Slug Musher

Offline Hugh Sistrunk

• Black Hut Ops
  • Beta testers
  • NightEagle
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 31.0 Firefox 31.0
  • Eagle Type: XL
Re: AirVenture 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 05:38:59 PM »
Hey Scott,

Great Pics - thanks for sharing - Les makes it look easy.....

Offline Bob S.

• 2016 Donor
  • ! FLYING !
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 36.0.1985.125 Chrome 36.0.1985.125
  • Eagle Type: LE #64H
Re: AirVenture 2014
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 08:28:29 AM »
Great show, Scott! I appreciate the effort all you guys are going through to get vids to all of us!!

You guys are great! 

Thanks!!
Bob Severance
LE Plans #64H
E038RS

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal