How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 6676 times)

Offline Double Eagle

Hello!
« on: November 10, 2013, 12:58:15 PM »
Just joined and wanted to say hello!
Im the owner of a Double Eagle.
I like the new forum!

Offline Dan_

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 03:50:10 PM »
Just joined and wanted to say hello!

Welcome, we are just getting started here...  Haven't formally "unleashed" it to the yahoo members, but have a link out there.  It is hidden in plain sight.

How did you find us..? 8)

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go...

Offline Double Eagle

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 08:49:57 PM »
I talked to Leonard last week about issues I was having with the Yahoo site. I could log in, but I could NOT reply or post anything. Useless in my opinion! Leonard mentioned this site, and here I am!

Offline Dan_

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:47:31 AM »
  Leonard mentioned this site, and here I am!

Awesome..!

We still have a couple of big additions to make to the forum, and if they make the site crash out, :grave: --well, we don't want to have to make a thousand members re-join after a fix, so we plan to keep a low profile for a few more weeks.   :alas:
If you have any concerns or questions, blurt them out...

Offline Double Eagle

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 08:52:31 PM »
Mums the word.

Offline Double Eagle

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »
My only concern so far, is the inability to use a personal profile avatar.
Not a big deal, but it would be nice to use a photo of my double eagle, instead of a cartoon character, or no avatar photo at all.
Otherwise, I really admire how its all laid out.

You have separated posts for the LE,LEXL,DE,CE and that's already a huge improvement over the Yahoo site.
The Yahoo site, often you didn't know if the info applied to a LE or a DE, or a LEXL. What a mess.

So keep up the great job!

Offline Dan_

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 05:00:37 PM »
Uploaded avatars have been a security risk for SMF in the past.  Therefore they were set to not allowed and forgotten. 
That vulnerability has been addressed apparently, and no further problems seem to be popping up. 

Since you brought it up, the change has been made to allow them with one caveat -- if the forum software considers it suspicious it will try to re-encode the avatar.  It the avatar is an animated GIF the animation will be killed off most likely...

If you still cannot live without the avatar you may petition Steve to let you send it to him to be checked out and placed in the forum files.

Dollars to donuts, he moves this thread to Off Topic...:not speak:

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 05:10:30 PM »
I'm leaving it here as a (forum Reading test)...

Offline chadd

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 09:47:30 AM »
Great site ... the forums are so much easier to navigate then the yahoo groups... great move!

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal