How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Compromise with the War Department  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Dert Merchant

Compromise with the War Department
« on: September 27, 2014, 12:48:32 PM »
Good day all.  Well it's official, I have the plans for XL-D-86 in hand. It seems that having plans and beginning construction are two entirely different things. The General over at the War Department (my wife) seems to think this a foolish endeavor. She muttered something about more life insurance and certain death. 

We did however come to a compromise of sorts. She would agree not to shoot down construction efforts if I would agree to stay earthbound until our youngest graduates high school. The girl is in kindergarten this year. So I guess I have a twelve and a half year build time. I won't bore you the details of the response I got at the mention of persuing a sport pilot certificate. 

I will keep you all posted as things progress. I'm sure I will be full of questions also. I have already learned a lot from reading on here. Thanks to all for the information you have shared. 

Derek

Offline ParQld

• Beta testers
  • Building DE
  • Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mac OS X 10.8.5
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 37.0.2062.122 Chrome 37.0.2062.122
  • Eagle Type: Double Eagle
Re: Compromise with the War Department
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 01:49:23 PM »
Just start building Derek, she may not notice it in the corner ;). but seriously just get it started and just call it a project no harm in having a project, Once its done you can re negotiate. It can be a tough area with Wags as we call them here (Wives and girl friends), Important to keep the peace though a happy wife is a happy life. But just as important is your achieving goals. That way every one is a winner. Small steps with family are good.  

cheers Pau

Offline Dert Merchant

Re: Compromise with the War Department
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 04:52:43 PM »
I'll start construction soon. I usually have two or three projects going at any one time so it may go unnoticed for a while. I bet it will be obvious what is going on when the fuse starts to take shape. I'll approach the General to renegotiate the terms after construction is completed.

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal