How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Why I built my Legal Eagle  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Bob S.

• 2016 Donor
  • ! FLYING !
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 37.0.2062.124 Chrome 37.0.2062.124
  • Eagle Type: LE #64H
Why I built my Legal Eagle
« on: September 30, 2014, 08:43:55 AM »
I have been an active RC flyer for years and if you didn't know, RC planes have been getting bigger an bigger throughout the years. I was flying my 1/3 scale Fly Baby Biplane one day at the field and then and there decided to build a "Big Bird" that I could fly in...did some research and found Leonard Milholland's Legal Eagle....Found one not too far from me that the owner was stagnated on and wanted to sell... Fuselage was about 90% tack welded and rib jig was ready for wings.... I made an offer, he made counter and I took it home with me the next week... The rest is pretty much recorded in these blogs and websites...

I just wanted to show you guys where RC has gone, if you didn't know and show you why I built a Legal Eagle:

http://www.billhempel.com/triplane/index.php

Airframe is Only $3600.00 plus $500 shipping and another $3600 for the 3W 4cylinder 275cc engine and  another $2500 for big servos and batterys and rc gear.......Cheaper to build the Legal Eagle PLUS YOU get to fly!!!!
Bob Severance
LE Plans #64H
E038RS

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal