How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Crank Balancing of 1/2 VW  (Read 5002 times)

Offline Pradeep ks achary

• Donor 2024
  • Xl Building
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 37.0.2062.124 Chrome 37.0.2062.124
  • Eagle Type: LE XL C95
Crank Balancing of 1/2 VW
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:09:41 AM »

Sir I want know regarding a crank balancing for 1/2 VW, How can I make a crank balance in home ?

Please anyone knows about it try to hep me ...

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 32.0 Firefox 32.0
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
Re: Crank Balancing of 1/2 VW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 08:19:58 PM »

Sir I want know regarding a crank balancing for 1/2 VW, How can I make a crank balance in home ?

Please anyone knows about it try to hep me ...

Scott Casler sells engine plans that include crankshaft modification details and has counterweights to sell plus assembly balancing services: http://hummelengines.com

Further description of the balancing process is found in this .pdf file on pages 5-7:    

Offline Pradeep ks achary

• Donor 2024
  • Xl Building
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 37.0.2062.124 Chrome 37.0.2062.124
  • Eagle Type: LE XL C95
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:55:23 AM »
Thank you Dear Mr: Steve 

One more thing is there any simple method, as we do the prop because the crank was from Mr: Scott and there was little welding projection 

on the third bearing ( the bearing with flange ) so discussed with Mr: Scott and decided to make slight machining, Now the machining completed  

at this moment how can I do myself without sending very far from here . And I am working in United Arab Emirates so please ...

Pradeep

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 32.0 Firefox 32.0
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 03:32:25 PM »
Thank you Dear Mr: Steve

One more thing is there any simple method, as we do the prop because the crank was from Mr: Scott and there was little welding projection

on the third bearing ( the bearing with flange ) so discussed with Mr: Scott and decided to make slight machining, Now the machining completed  

at this moment how can I do myself without sending very far from here . And I am working in United Arab Emirates so please ...

Pradeep

The total machining for the thrust bearing at the #3 VW main bearing saddle is going to have a tiny effect on the balance done by Casler... The Balance Masters prop/crank balance disk http://store.balancemasters.com/osCommerce/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=243 would account for any balance changes that I understand you to be making with additional machining...

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal