How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: New member introduction  (Read 3722 times)

Offline cluttonfred

• Mac OS X 10.10.1 Mac OS X 10.10.1
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 39.0.2171.95 Chrome 39.0.2171.95
    • Clutton FRED
  • Eagle Type: Cabin Eagle
New member introduction
« on: December 18, 2014, 08:59:51 PM »
Hello, all, myI am have been active in the homebuilt aircraft community for about 25 years, though I have not yet built my own plane.  Some of you may know me from homebuiltairplanes.com.  I am currently the editor of www.cluttonfred.info and the FRED FB page and moderator of the FRED group on Yahoo! on on behalf of designer Eric Clutton.  I have joined this group to learn more about the Legal Eagle family of designs, especially the Cabin Eagle.  I just sent an e-mail off to Leonard to inquire about the status of those plans.  Looking forward to learning more.  Cheers, Matthew
Matthew Long, Editor
cluttonfred.info
A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Offline Richfroh

• Rich Frohmiller
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 25.0 Firefox 25.0
Re: New member introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 05:20:50 PM »
Mathew,

Welcome to the group! Many of us are eagerly awaiting the release of the Cabin Eagle plans. Have patience, we are close.

Rich
Rich Frohmiller

Offline Sam Buchanan

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 07:37:42 PM »
Hello, all, myI am have been active in the homebuilt aircraft community for about 25 years, though I have not yet built my own plane.  Some of you may know me from homebuiltairplanes.com.  I am currently the editor of www.cluttonfred.info and the FRED FB page and moderator of the FRED group on Yahoo! on on behalf of designer Eric Clutton.  I have joined this group to learn more about the Legal Eagle family of designs, especially the Cabin Eagle.  I just sent an e-mail off to Leonard to inquire about the status of those plans.  Looking forward to learning more.  Cheers, Matthew
Welcome to the community of Legal Eagle fanatics, Matthew!

For several years we enjoyed seeing Mr. Clutton and FRED (and the parakeet!) at the Shelbyville and Winchester breakfasts. I was wondering why we hadn't seen them in a while until I read that Eric is no longer flying. FRED is certainly a unique aircraft and testament to Eric's determination to continue development of his design.

Eaglers can get a taste of Mr. Clutton's delightful (and sometimes bawdy) personality in EAA's Timeless Voices series of videos:

http://eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=22335971001

The best way to contact Leonard is by phone, I don't know how regularly he checks email. He will enjoy talking to you.

Offline cluttonfred

• Unknown Unknown
  • Browser:
  • Safari 10.2.1.3442 Safari 10.2.1.3442
    • Clutton FRED
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 12:31:09 AM »
Just to let everyone know that I received a nice note back from LM. So still standing by on the Cabin Eagle plans.

"Hi Matthew, I am not sure if I answered you or not.  The plans will be released as soon as the test program is finished on the Cabin Eagle the plane is finished just have a mountain paper work the wade through and then get a airworthy ticket then I will be able to fly the test necessary before selling any plans.  Thanks for your interest.  Leonard"
Matthew Long, Editor
cluttonfred.info
A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal